We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with beach club included?

St.Ives
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with beach club included?

Are there hotels in Nice or in Antibes that include a beach lounger in their charges?

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,946 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

As regards Antibes/Juan les Pins --the Royal Hotel jn Antibes has a tiny private beach. In Juan les Pins the Garden Beach and the Ambassadeur have beaches ( altho in fact the Ambassadeur is some distance from the sea). I understand that the beach /lounger charge is always extra - the beach part operates as a stand alone business which anyone can pay to use. But you could try asking them if they will throw this in when you book.

Otherwise in JLP but not Antibes there are plenty of private beachs/ beach restaurants where you can hire mattress and umbrella for 15 euro - 25 euro a day. Also plenty of free private beach - bring you own blow-up mattress.

Ed

Ed

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

The best hotel beach should have the "Belles Rives" in Juan-les-Pins although its not really a beach but a ponton. In Nice the Radisson has its "own" beach, as usual divided from the hotel by the road (6 lane).

Like Ed mentioned already: They will always charge extra, the beaches can be booked by anyone and in France by law the seashore must be free for public access. That does not exclude the private beaches.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

Short term promotional packages that include a hotel room and a beach lounger are available from time to time but are not common on the Riviera.

The private beach concept can be confusing because all the private beaches are open to anyone who will pay to rent a sunbed and use the facilities.

Some private beaches are affiliated with certain hotels and some are owned by a particular hotel but all are run separately from the hotel. Being a hotel guest will usually entitle you to a small discount compared to someone walking in off the street but you will still pay an additional charge.

You can use any private beach wherever you stay, so unless your hotel of choice happens to be offering a promotional room and lounger package for the dates you want to book, it is probably not worth using as a selection criterion

Hope this helps

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

Not in Nice but close by, the Royal Riviera at Cap Ferrat has a private, sandy beach right beside the hotel. A top quality hotel but it's not cheap.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

Cap Estel also has a tiny, well protected beach. Also not cheap.

St.Ives
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

Thank you for all your replies. It is very expensive it seems to enjoy the beach facilities, very off putting when you've been to Greece or Italy and had this included or much cheaper.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,788 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

You can't compare a Greek "holiday village" to the Cote d'Azur. It's comparing apples and watermelons. The Cote d'Azur is vastly superior to any destination in Greece.

BTW... as has been said by Ed....there are lots of public beaches in the area that you can go and use for free.

St.Ives
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

I can compare them, quite obviously, but I see what you mean in that this is just the way things are.

The hospitality at its best in Greece is absolutely marvellous, I am not referring to 'holiday villages' but to places in Greece.

Edited: 22 December 2013, 08:53
Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

The Cote d'Azur of course cannot be superior in every respect to other mediterranean destinations, its more the unsurpassed combination of the things you can do there: Sights, art, sea, mountains, sports...

In this combination the beaches are a weak spot. I would never choose the Cote d'Azur for a holiday with mainly "beach/sea" in mind. From my home in Vence I have to drive more than 100 km (+ hike) to get to beach which can compare to an average beach on Sardinia. A real "dream" beach is 160 km and a ferry-trip.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,946 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels with beach club included?

I agree here with both tplus and datthecoast -the Cote d'Azur is not really a beach destination per se , nor a 'family ' destination - compared to Spain or Greece. And if you use it just for a beach holiday it will be a very expensive destination. The natural geology ,as at Nice, is pebbles washed down from the Alps ( the pebbles are indeed protected by law for conservation reasons).

Wherever you see sand it is trucked in at great expense to the taxpayers to make the tourists happy. In these austere times 'grey sand is occasionally used -I.e. gravel-which costs a quarter of fine sand. This has amazing adhesive qualities when mixed with suntan oil.

Ed