We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Nice - schedule

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
4 days in Nice - schedule

Hello,

In June i will travel to Nice for 4 days. I would like to visit also some places near Nice ( Saint Tropez, Cannes, Monte Carlo, Eze and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild) , but i don't know if 4 days are enough. Could someone help me with some information about how i could organize my time to visit all the places above? I thought to a schedule :

1 day : i will stay to visit Nice , because i will arrive at 2 pm and i have to check-in and i won't have too much time left

2 day: visit saint - tropez

3 day; visit Villa Ephrussi , Eze and Monte Carlo ; i don't know if one day is enough to visit the three places; is there any bus that links these places?

4 day: visit Cannes and maybe Antibes ; at 6 pm i should go to the airport

I would really appreciate some advices.

Thank you

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

One day St. Tropez? And how will you get there? If you have a car include the beach there (e. g. Pampelone).

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

A visit to St-Tropez in the time you have available is just not feasible--it's a fairly long trip that would cost you an entire day in an already short time-frame.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

Well, she planned an entire day. As said, with a car - no problem. I often do day trips to the beaches there. Sightseeing St. Tropez itself is done in two hours, but the peninsula is magnificient.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

If st tropez is a bucket list item, then obviously go but it is a long way and uses a full day out of the 2 full days you have.

You cn get to st tropez by boat trip with trans cote d'azur trans-cote-azur.co.uk/cannes-saint-tropez.php or train to st raphael then bus 7601 or ferry . To get to the famous beaches, you will then need a bus or taxi

For Eze, monaco and villa rothschild- take bus 82 or 112 to eze village, then bus 112 to monaco, then either bus 100 to Beaulieu or train to villefranche then walk to villa rothschild. Return to Nice by bus 81

Edited: 17 January 2014, 19:24
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

But without a car St Tropez is s problem. However you can do very nice day cruise from Nice to St Trop but beaches are a couple of km from town -you will need to take a taxi.

Ed

Edited: 17 January 2014, 19:30
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

Thank you all for the advices. I know Saint Tropez is a little bit far from Nice . Where i could find a nice beach closer to Nice (and not very expensive) ?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

all beaches in france have a minimum of 80% public [free] areas

Beaches close to Nice = villefranche, beaulieu cap ferrat = 1euro50 by bus , slightly further afield [use train] - antibes, juan les pins, golfe juan, cannes

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

You do know there are also beaches in Nice? They are nice fun and central with cafes and restaurants.

I hate the rocks so I wear beach shoes. Also I always pay to get a loungchair and umbrella for about 15 a day--again due to the rocks.

I do agree with the suggestions above re the other towns with beaches close to Nice.

Edited: 18 January 2014, 20:45
9. Re: 4 days in Nice - schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:20