We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early flifgt out

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
early flifgt out

We are leaving Nice at 6 AM, what is the best option, stay last night in airport,

or is it possible to get taxi at night from hotel ( car rental works only from 6:30 AM, so it is not an option)

If you any recomendation for hotel/apartment for family of 4 ( moderate), we will be traveling frm Lyon, and spend some time on a coast

Edited: 23 January 2014, 22:53
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early flifgt out

We stay at the Novotel Arenas before an early departure, but also look at the Campanile:

novotel.com/gb/…index.shtml

campanile.com/fr/…

Both will have shuttles to the airport, but you may need to let the desk know that you need a ride.

new jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: early flifgt out

Thank you, I was looking at Novotel, Campanile does not have room for 4

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: early flifgt out

Instead of spending your last day in Nice packing up and moving to an airport hotel just a couple of miles away, just book an early taxi. Your hotel will arrange it for you. Nice is not a big city, there are plenty of taxis, and at 6am there is very little traffic.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: early flifgt out

This Nice airport link contains some helpful information, including estimated taxi fares:

http://en.nice.aeroport.fr/

These fares are estimates, but know that in Nice, taxi meters start running from the point of the driver's departure, not your entering the cab, so expect your cost to be a bit higher.

I agree with Moth, and if I was staying in a Nice hotel and had access to a hotel desk that would take care of the arrangements for me, a taxi would be my choice. From an apartment, however, I would be a bit nervous about doing that on my own. Should something go wrong and as you will be traveling in the early morning hours, your other options will be quite limited....but that's me, and you will know what will work for you, I would decide where you are going to stay, including destinations besides Nice, and then work out your departure plans.

Nice's beach is naturally pebbly, and if you are wanting a sandy beach, look towards Cannes, Antibes, Juan les Pins and Villefranche where softer surfaces are imported. Villefranche will have the coarsest beach, but it's awfully cute... If you stay in a destination other than Nice,, I would stay at an airport hotel on the night before your departure. If you want to spend that evening in Nice's old town, there is a taxi rank to you left as you walk out of the Novotel and the 23 bus has an "Arenas" stop. You can view that schedule by entering the route number on this link:

http://www.lignesdazur.com/index.asp

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: early flifgt out

Thank you for all replies, at this point I am looking into rentals ( Antibes, Cannes, Village Biot), all the owners promise an assistance with taxi/ driver arrangments, we just have to figure out what would be better ( convinient) and more reasonable location to make a base for 5 days

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: early flifgt out

It is not clear whether you need to arrive at the airport at 6:00 AM to begin the check-in process or if your flight actually departs at 6:00 AM. We also need to know whether your flight is just taking you to another destination within the EU, since the amount of time that you should allow for check-in will depend upon your destination

Please let us know ASAP, so we can make VALID recommendations regarding where you should stay prior to your departure

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: early flifgt out

A 20 minute ride across town in a taxi as opposed to a shuttle from an airport hotel is not going to make a material difference, Alpillesgal. If the OP were planning to stay an hour or two away in the country it might be a different story. We already know what we need to know about timing - whether departing at 6 or checking in at 6, the OP will be travelling between 4am and 5.30am: the quietest possible time of day with no chance of any hold ups.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: early flifgt out

Sometimes, understanding your strategy for getting to an airport helps a traveler understand how to plan their last night and what is comfortable for them. I think everyone's intent has been for Masha12 be be able to do just that.

FWIW, I made some false assumptions about Masha's flight based on the experiences I've had flying direct between Nice and NYC. As Marsha12 lives in New Jersey, I was assuming that she would be taking the flight 8 AM (or so) flight to JFK, the airport most east coasters will choose over a connection. However, I checked delta.com for the exact timing of that flight, and it seems that direct flights between JFK and NCE are suspended...but this is only temporary. I called Delta (this worried me for our trip!) and learned that the direct flights will resume in May with new flight numbers. If I remember correctly, the old numbers were 82 and 83 (like the bus routes to Eze!) and the new number from Nice will be 412.

Masha, I'm hoping you were able to book that flight. If you are flying through Paris or Amsterdam (and I noticed that the AMS flight left around 6 AM), make sure you have a three hour layover in your connecting airport. I had an overnight at CDG when Delta changed my (SkyMiles) itinerary and I went down to a one hour and forty five minutes layover. You may be able to make it with a shorter layover, but things have to go smoothly. At the airport where you board your flight to the US, you will probably have to change terminals, and you will go through immigration and security at the the second airport. If you have a connection in Europe, you won't do that in Nice. I'll never accept that kind of layover again. Compared to the others, Nice is a small and efficient airport, and immigration and security have always been smooth for me. I hope you are booked directly out of Nice, and we look forward to hearing from you.

I'm just a wee bit off topic here, but one thing often leads to another...

9. Re: early flifgt out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19