We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Could anyone tell me how much a taxi from Nice airport to Le Meridien on Promenade des Anglais is likely to cost. I'm trying to work out whether car hire will be cheaper. Many thanks in advance.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

30-35 euros for a taxi

6 euros per person for the airport express bus [either terminal]

or 1 euor50 per person by service bus on main road beside terminal 1

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Thank you very much, that is a great help.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Car hire just for that transfer is probably not a very good idea. But with a car you will see more and you will even see things the bus riders don't. Parking charges may set you off, but just leave you car alongside the promenade without paying for the meter. I doubt that there will be a ticket on it (never got one there in 20 years, 60 times a year). At present finding a place is a bit difficult due to the reconstruction.

Edited: 24 January 2014, 18:23
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

As well as a ticket , you might even get towed to add a bit of drama if you follow the illegal advice in post 3

it is against TA rules to encourage people to break local laws and regulations

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Come on, Selkienice, where do you live? You know how it looks like there.

The problem is not whether you get a ticket or not (you will not). The problem is finding a free space there. Nobody is issuing tickets there and you will only be towed anywhere when blocking something with your car. Nice is not Switzerland.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

I see police and parking enforcers out ticketing all the time and city rules that car drivers should pay their way by paying for parking.

Still i guess for folk on austerity budgets because the car use is so expensive, it must be important to cheat and penny pinch the odd euro for parking , boast about not paying and encourage others to do the same.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 09:58
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,893 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Perhaps the police and traffic wardens are just respectful to drivers of large German BMWs :)

Ed

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Midge,

If you do decide to rent a car (not to travel in from the airport) all the agencies have offices along one side of the Meridien. The exception is Avis and they're located right across the park.

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Many thanks for the info. We would use the car to go to Monte Carlo and a few other places, so I will hire one and considering the cost of the taxi both ways from/to the airport, it wont be beyond my budget and a lot more convenient. Thanks for all the tips on parking.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi fare from airport to hotel

Maybe it's just because I prefer to comply to local customs :) I am not that german!

Indeed I rarely pay for parking, its kind of a matter of faith. I believe that I already paid enough taxes and charges in France. Then they take the money to subsidy bus rides (you're welcome, Selkienice, or do you believe €1,50 covers the costs?). As I do not need the bus, at least I park my car (british-made, btw) wherever I find a place. Then I jump out and support local "restaurateurs". Just kidding, of course ;) . I arrive in an Italian mobile-home, park for free alongside the coast and eat what I brung.

Just tour the port area (triangle Arson/Barla(Cassini) and you'll get the picture. Its not just me...

I never got a parking ticket in Nice in 19 years. Seems the mayor appreciates my business :))