We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in and around Nice

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camping in and around Nice

I'm planning on traveling to Nice in early April and I'd love to go hiking/camping starting from there, and be able to take a flight/train to Paris at the end of the week.

My first question is, is there somewhere I can rent a sleeping bag and/or tent for the week? I'd really rather not buy one for this short trip. I'm based in Prague so if i can rent one there, it may even be more convenient.

Also, is it feasible for me to be able to reach an airport by the end that will get me to Paris?

Thanks for reading.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 23:21
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in and around Nice

nice is not a camping area, there is no camping

the nearest will be next to antibes-villeneuve loubet (20-30min by car from airport)

I think it's more interesting to book a room in a low cost hotel (chain "premiere classe", etape hotel, formule 1...) for about 40-60 euros per night and 2/3 person max

there is one premiere classe in front of airport and easy access to nice center

rent a sleeping bag = may be you could find for 10/15 euros per day in sport shops (www.locaventure.com/PBCatalog.asp?CatID=76088

but Nice is not adapted and you will not find any places to put your tent

Vence, France
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in and around Nice

What about airbnb?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in and around Nice

There are campgrounds around Antibes,:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187217-c3-zff29-Anti…

If I'm not mistaken, the 250 airport express bus stops near the Pylone campground. I'm not sure about equipment rental. In the hotel reviews section on TA, campgrounds can be viewed under "specialty lodging."

Vence, France
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping in and around Nice

If you would ask me - "Formule 1 hotel", campsite or this:

https://www.airbnb.de/rooms/884211

at roughly the same price...

Edited: 15 February 2014, 17:15
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping in and around Nice

Camping du Pylone - 4 km from Antibes is the best on the area. They have mobile homes too but I am not certain about equipment rental -prices are on their website.

The express bus 250 direct to Nice airport stops there and Biot station is across the street for trains to Nice,Monaco,Cannes etc

Ed

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping in and around Nice

Can I ask how you are getting to Nice and where you want to go camping and hiking to?

Getting from Nice and environs to Paris is relatively straightforward . There is a direct TGV train service and flights by Air France and easyJet

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Camping in and around Nice

Thanks everyone for your responses. I am going to be in Barcelona for the weekend and was planning on flying into Nice and taking public transportation to somewhere in Southern France to hike for a a few days. If Barcelona's surrounding area is more conducive to hiking I can also stay in Spain.

How far are the Martime Alps from Nice? Are there little quaint and affordable lodges to stay on a multiple day trek in that area? After hiking I want to get back to an airport if possible.

8. Re: Camping in and around Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:26