We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day motorcycle tour in Nice area

Discovery Bay...
2 posts
Save Topic
Day motorcycle tour in Nice area

We will be in Nice mid-June and I am trying to find a day motorcycle tour for my husband. I found a tour company that looks great - Columbus International - but they do not rent motorcycle attire. As this is the last part of the trip my husband does not want to drag around heavy and bulky jacket, boots, gloves etc and Columbus only provides the helmet.

Can anyone recommend either another company or a place where we could rent some equipment for the day. He did a similar tour in Tuscany that provided all the equipment but I am having a harder time finding anything in the South of France.

Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day motorcycle tour in Nice area

Don't know if it helps but I just googled "motorcycle rental cote d'azur" and found some links you can look into:

…angloinfo.com/af/317/french-riviera-bike-hi…

motoroads.com/motorcycle-rentals-nice-airpor…

rentalmotorbike.com/motorbike-rental-provenc…

http://www.amb-cotedazur.com/Car-Bike-Hire/

road2luxe.com/EN/location-moto-goldwing-tari…

I'm sure if you play with your key words you'll find even more results. These are just a few I came up with. You can also try googling in French, such as "location de moto cote d'azur".

Edited: 11 February 2014, 17:27
Discovery Bay...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day motorcycle tour in Nice area

Thanks French-Mystique for your response. I think my issue is less about finding a motorcycle but rather a place that will rent the attire - boots, jacket etc. I didn't have any issues finding the bikes.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day motorcycle tour in Nice area

Not sure if I would want to wear used clothing, but with Holiday Bikes you could get at least a helmet (casque en francais):

http://www.holiday-bikes.com/en/index.html

And in summer the locals are not wearing a lot more than that anyway, btw. I would consider to rent the bike over the weekend. Here you can find the best motorbike-roads in the world (thats why I came here in the first place).

A one day trip has to planned well not that he ends up in dense traffic half of the day. But when heading for the mountains it can be a perfect day on the bike. In mid-June the high-altitude passes will be open, so he could even ride the highest road in Europe. But there you would need more than a helmet and shorts.

4. Re: Day motorcycle tour in Nice area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:19