We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Nice with toddler?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
I A
Monterey, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Day trips from Nice with toddler?

We will be arriving in Nice on the morning of the 17th of Feb. and will be departing on the night of the 19th (Feb.). I'd love to see Eze, Monaco, Villefranche, Cannes and Menton but I'm not sure how easily we can manage to travel with our 13-month-old in a stroller. Any help (itineraries, route-planning, tips etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,992 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Nice with toddler?

You are trying to pack an awful lot into 2.5 days. You should spend at least one day in Nice itself. Even with one day, you will just scratch the surface.

Eliminate Menton.

You could jam Villefranche, Eze and Monaco into one day although Eze and strollers don't mix very well.

I'd pass on Cannes as well and go to Antibes instead.

You don't mention if you are travelling using public transport or renting a car.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Nice with toddler?

With a child in a stroller Eze village will be difficult however you are travelling, Villefranche can be a bit tricky but the other places are achievable especially if you have a car.

I A
Monterey, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Nice with toddler?

Thaks for the reply. We will be using public transport.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Nice with toddler?

I am assuming that your first day will be spent exploring Nice.

There is a reduced through train service on the line between Nice and Menton because of work on a tunnel between Monaco and Menton

But if you set out early, you could go from Nice Ville station to Menton, spend a few hours in Menton, then work your way back to Nice stopping in Monaco and Villefranche en route. Or you could decide to give Menton a miss and go only as far as Monaco

The rail station at Villefranche is up some steps from the harbour area /old town which is the most scenic part and the town is built on a hill, but it will be far easier to negotiate with a stroller than Eze Village.

On your last day, you could take a train in the opposite direction to Cannes for a few hours and perhaps have lunch.

If time permits consider stopping in Antibes on your way back to Nice , but I would probably just head back to Nice and spend your last hours there. Antibes rail station is not particularly convenient for the centre.

It will be a busy schedule . Hope your little one is in a co-operative mood.

If not, just play it by ear, relax and enjoy

I A
Monterey, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Nice with toddler?

Thank you for the useful information.

6. Re: Day trips from Nice with toddler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:17