We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannes Film Festival impact

Florida
Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cannes Film Festival impact

We would like to rent an apartment in Nice for a week starting on May 13th but am realizing that its right at the start of the Cannes Film Festival. Can anyone tell me how impacted Nice and other areas will be when that is going on? Would it make sense to switch my schedule and come to Nice a week or so earlier? Thanks for your help.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannes Film Festival impact

It has little effect on Nice , you will be amazed at how liitle people notice the film festival or the Grand prix unless actually visiting Cannes or Monaco.

Florida
Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannes Film Festival impact

Oh that's good to know. But do you think it would affect day trips from Nice. I guess I 'm thinking if we decide to go to Antibes or somewhere like that.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannes Film Festival impact

It won't have much impact on day trips or antibes.

Florida
Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannes Film Festival impact

Great....thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,180 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannes Film Festival impact

The Festival is, for the most part, confined to Cannes. However some of the very "luxe" hotels along the coast like the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc, will be full of convention attendees.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,660 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cannes Film Festival impact

As selkie says no effect on Nice. On trains to Antibes and Cannes you may notice a larger number of passengers speaking English and hailing from your side of the Atlantic.

Ed

7. Re: Cannes Film Festival impact

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:28