We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Venice in August

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Topic
Nice to Venice in August

Our family is planning to travel from Nice to Venice on August 22nd. Should we fly or take the train?

Prices with EasyJet are 42€/pp.

For some reason I can't get prices/schedules for the train on Trenitalia's website yet ... Is it to early?

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Thanks!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
6 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nice to Venice in August

Hi, I am planning the same trip from Nice to Venice on the 30th August, what did you decide? Any advice would be appreciated.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,885 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nice to Venice in August

Unless you want to spend all day on trains I'd suggest flying. Try www.skyscanner.net to check for flights.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,477 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Nice to Venice in August

EasyJet's flight is available today for your date at €48, or €63 with <20 kg hold baggage. Watch the dimensions of your carry-on baggage very carefully - EasyJet is strict about this.

Trains from Ventimiglia to Venezia S. Lucia on August 30 cost from €38 booked today with unlimited luggage, as the cheapest fares have already sold out on all connections.

Trains from Nice to Ventimiglia cost €7.50, buses to Nice airport cost €6.

Decide quickly, as prices will continue rising. This is a high-demand day.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 08:03
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Nice to Venice in August

Setep - we did decide to book by train. Luckily we got the super cheap fare. Now no need to worry about luggage restrictions. Also, when I calculated all the extra time and costs involved with getting to/from airports the airports it just seemed pretty much a good way to go...

Hope you have a great trip!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
6 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Nice to Venice in August

Thanks everyone, the advise was most helpful. I ended up altering my stay in France slightly and got a convenient flight out of Lyon to Venice.

16. Re: Nice to Venice in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:15