We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gare Routiere Nice closed?

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
500 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Gare Routiere Nice closed?

I read that the Gare Routiere in Nice is closed, and I've also read about an express bus outside Nice Airport that goes to Aix en Provence. We will be spending most of our 8 days in Aix, and doing some day trips from there, but we'd like to spend the last 2 days in Nice, so we thought about flying into and out of Nice. Not quite sure how to go about it, though. I see there is a train, but it changes in Marseille, and we'd as soon avoid the Marseille train station. The bus seems more direct. When I look at the bus website, it shows Gare Routiere Nice and another destination in Nice, but it doesn't say Nice Airport. I'm a bit confused.

Sandy

Nice, France
Level Contributor
352 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gare Routiere Nice closed?

It's the one next to Vauban tram station. Depending on the time, the bus also departs from the main train station (Gare SNCF Thiers aka Nice-Ville train station) and from Albert 1er (which is the nearest to Place Massena).

www.lignesdazur.com/presentation/…

LER 20 timetable:

info-ler.fr/doc/…fh20.pdf

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gare Routiere Nice closed?

Marseille st Charles train station is really civilised and nice now: little shops and cafes and even a free use piano that is generally being played beautifully.

The LER 20 bus does not start at any time by Nice train station, the timetable above also lists TER PACA trains to Marseille for convenience of travellers

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
500 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gare Routiere Nice closed?

LaMediterranee,

Thanks so much :-) Have never been to Nice, so I had no idea where it was.

Sandy

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
500 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gare Routiere Nice closed?

selkieNice,

Thanks for the information about the Marseille train station! Sounds much better than I thought given what people on tripadvisor had said about it. Guess those were old posts.

Sandy

5. Re: Gare Routiere Nice closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16