We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centrally located Hotels in Nice

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
365 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Centrally located Hotels in Nice

We are planning a trip to Nice and Avignon in June, hoping to use it as a base for travels in the area.

Please recommend a centrally located hotel in Nice (and Avignon) from where we can walk to see places. We tried two hotels that were recommended, but they were way too expensive. We are willing to pay about $250-$300 per day. We hope we can get a nice room for this money.

Is the Holiday Inn in Nice (and Avignon) a good, centrally located place?

Israel
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centrally located Hotels in Nice

I stayed in Holiday Inn in Avignon ~2 years ago. It is a good hotel in 5 min. walking distance from the walls of the old town (but it is not located in the old town itself) and it takes 5 min. of walk to get to the city train station (not TGV).

Edited: 03 May 2014, 12:35
Israel
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centrally located Hotels in Nice

I was mistaken. I DID NOT stayed in Holiday Inn in Avignon. It was Novotel, sorry for misleading you.

Michigan
Level Contributor
365 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centrally located Hotels in Nice

Todah rabbah - Thanks. WoUld you recommend the NOVOTEL?

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centrally located Hotels in Nice

I recommend the Mercure Promenade des Anglais, part of the Accor chain (which includes Novotel). It's 2 blocks from the rue Masséna pedestrian street, full of cafés and restaurants, and about a 10-minute walk to Vieux Nice.

Israel
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centrally located Hotels in Nice

:) you are welcome. Yes, I can recommend Novotel Avignon Centre; large and modern, not expensive, clean, spacious rooms. Just note that the hotel IS NOT located in the Old Town (but it is very close).

6. Re: Centrally located Hotels in Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:17