We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice airport to st augustin train station

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
nice airport to st augustin train station

how much would the taxi be from nice airport to st augustin train station

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

I've never been anywhere on the Riviera where a taxi cost less than 10 euro so guess that -its a very short trip. I've walked it for free several times in 15 minutes.

Ed

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

The chances of a taxi taking you from the airport to Nice st augustin as slim to zero, or they will say something like 20 euros.

It would be a complete waste of time and money for a taxi driver to leave the immense taxi queue to take you such a short distance.

Take the shuttle bus to arenas/lycee hotelier [fist stop past terminal 1] then walk under 10 mins.

Or take bus 23 from terminal 1- 1euro50

Cambridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

For anyone looking at this in the future I have just come back from the south of France and we got off at the Nice St Augustin Station (on the line between Nice and Cannes) and walked to the airport - it was so easy. When you come out of the station there are signs on the floor showing the direction to the airport. Walk down the road and turn left, cross the road and you will see the Novotel in front of you and the bus stop for the number 23 bus on the right. We waited for a bus to the airport but one didn't come so we crossed the road and walked towards the right (past a building site) and then turned left and walked straight to Terminal 1. I reckon it was less than 10 mins. Then it is really obvious where to catch a shuttle to Terminal 2, def don't try and walk to Terminal 2. The train from Cannes to Nice St Augustin Station was just over 5 Euros whereas the bus to the airport from Cannes is 20 Euros!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

To add to Caroline's post. There is no need to go to Terminal 1 if you are heading for 2. After walking along the main road when you turn the corner of the hotel school, cross the road, turn immediately right and the stop for the free inter terminal bus is right in front of you.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

Bob

Since the last week in July the bus stop for the inter terminal shuttle that you refer to at Arenas and also the #23 bus stop near St Augustin have been suspended temporarily due to road works in the area.

At the moment it is necessary to go to T1 or the Costes et Bellonte stop further down the road from the Arenas stop

…aeroport.fr/Passagers/…201

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

Note that the environment on the route between the airport and Nice St Augustin changes after dark - the route bypasses a business park deserted at that hour and where (although I can't authoritively confirm) ladies of the night operate.

Ed

Cambridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

Yeah I can imagine it wouldn't be so good at night!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

Indeed very quiet at night and the ladies are in evidence but they speak only if spoken to. I suspect their presence helps to keep the area safe as their bosses don't want their customers to be scared off.

Thanks Soooz. We have used that stop for many years and most recently in mid July.

9. Re: nice airport to st augustin train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:15