We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

Family of 5 here. We have an outbound TGV train from Nice Ville at 7:34 AM in July and I'm wondering the easiet way of getting there at that hour. I assume we need to be there by 7 AM (I already have tix). Is this right? We are staying a few blocks from Nice Riquier station but I'm not sure how reliable the regional trains are and if there is one that runs early enough.

If we take the train from Riquier, which one should we take and how much lead time do we need at the station? If we should take a taxi or car service, can someone recommend one and provide an estimate of cost? And what time we should call for it? I'm inclined to the train, but of course want the easiest solution. I know about the tram per another posting but that, I think, might be harder so early in the morning with my kids!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

I found the schedule for Riquier-Ville so now have an additional question. Which one?

6:33-6:37 AM

7:00-7:04 AM

It's been a LONG time since I was at Nice Ville station. Would you all recommend an hour or just 30 minutes to make our connection to TGV. I'd prefer 30 min, but of course a delayed train could make it a tight switch.

And can I buy Riquier tix ahead of time so we're not dealing with that so early in the morning? I don't have a chip/pin card so can't use the kiosk.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 16:19
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

where are you actually staying?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

We are staying in an apartment of an elderly family member (who does not live there and won't be there and can't really help with such questions). The apt is literally on the SW corner of Auguste Gal and Delfino.

Selkie, you answered my earlier question about getting TO the apt at about 8 PM from Nice Ville. Thanks so much for your help. We've stayed in this apartment 3 times over the last 16 years but always had a rental car so never had to deal with trains except for jumps over to Monaco, etc, and were never "on the clock" for a connection or reservation.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

You can buy tickets for Riquier to Nice ville in advance with coins from the blue machines or from ticket counters [make sure you specify dates of travel as a date is printed on the tickets , also validate before getting on train]

A pre-booked taxi is very reliable - but you would need to make absolutely sure they knew you wanted one big enough for 5 people [there are some but not a huge number ]

TAXI RESERVATIONS 0899 700 878

other option is Tram from accroplis stop to Nice ville stop + short walk either end. Depends how mobile/old the kids are and how much luggage -

The absolute deadline to be at the train is 2 mins before departure when the doors close - and train platforms are only announced 20 mins before departure so there is no need to be at the station too early if you already have tickets.

Make sure you validate the tickets at the little yellow box type machines just as you go from the station hall area to the access points to the various platforms [not print at home tickets ]

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

Selkie, thanks so much. This is perfect advice. I feel like I should take you out for a drink when I'm there. You are always so helpful with my questions. Cheers!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

I think we should take the tram (despite it stranding us on our arrival). It is so close to our apt and the station on the other end. I think we will leave the apt at 6:30 to arrive at train station by a bit after 7. Our stop is Acropolis. Do you think Acropolis to Nice Ville will take about 30 min at that hour, giving enough time for unusual interruptions or should we leave earlier? Can't miss our 7:30 train.

7. Re: Early morning transfer to Nice Ville train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:15