We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

Can anyone help please. We will be buying the 6 euro airport tickets and getting the 98 bus into Nice, followed by the 81 to Villefranche sur mer.

When we buy the bus tickets at the Lignes D'Azur offices at the airport can we also buy (for the rest of our stay) the 10 bus ticket for 10 Euros.

Assuming the answer is yes can we pay by credit card or is it cash only?

Many thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

The airport ticket office at T1 sells just about everything including train tickets, I was surprised to find. As they sell quite expensive express coach tickets they are fairly certain to be credit card friendly (the pay on entry tickets from the coach driver of course are cash only)

Ive not had occasion to buy the 10-journey 10 euro multi at the airport, as I buy mine from local Lignes d'Azur offices, but its quite likely that they do.

81 or 100 from Nice /Promenade des Arts for Villefranche/Octroi

You may have considered and rejected it for other reasons, but the best way to get to Villefranche from the airport is by train, three stops from the off-airport station Nice St Augustin. Its a bit of a tricky walk off-airport around the Arenas office complex, the airport website has full instructions, but it saves you making the airport express/ connection for Villefranche bound buses in central Nice, and you dodge around the alternate airport Nice express coach which goes to the railway station Gare SNCF which is no good for the 100/ 81 bus interconnection.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

the airport bus ticket offices have been selling train tickets for a few years now. its much more convenient for anyone going to nice st augustin , as it avoids needing masses of coins for the machine or a chip and pin card [since the opening hours for counter service at nice st augustin are limited]

nb only ter paca local train tickets , not for tgvs.

the airport bus ticket office do sell the multi 10s, as do tram machines, and lignes d'azur offices and outlets [eg some tabacs or newspaper shops ]

chandigarh
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

Hi, i'm planning to visit Roquebrune-cap martin in a couple of week. I'll be taking a flight to Nice from paris in the morning, and i'll be flying back to paris in the evening. Could you guys advice me as to what is the best way to travel from Nice to To Roquerune-cap martin?

As far as i've figured out, i should be taking the 99 bus from the airport to the train station, and from there I can get a train to Roquebrune. Do you guys think that's the best way, or would you recommend another? and Also could you tell me how much would a return ticket form Nice to roquebrune cost?

many thanks,

Best,

Sharang

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,694 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

It will be cheaper / possibly faster to walk the 20 minute distance from the airport to Nice St Augustine station for a train to Roquebrune/Cap Martin. You can buy a train ticket at the bus ticket office in Terminal 1 or 2. The fare will be approx. 8 euro single trip. trains run around half hourly , some will bring you direct, some you must change at Nice Ville (the main Nice station) but this is easy as trains go from the same or adjoining platform.

Ed

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

Absolutely, the train from Nice St Augustin. The amount of hassle you will experience with buses and changing lines for the saving of a couple of euros makes no sense.

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

Absolutely, train from Nice St Augustin. The amount of stress you will have swapping buses in Nice for the saving of a couple of euros makes no sense.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 21:20
7. Re: Buying bus tickets at Nice airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:16