We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Nice Airport to Villefranche-sur-Mer?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Offaly
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Nice Airport to Villefranche-sur-Mer?

Hello Community

I am hoping to visit Villefranche-sur-Mer at the end of August. Can I get a train direct from the Airport to Villefranche? How long does the journey take approximately and how much is a one way ticket? Would I be better off getting the train to Nice Vielle and then getting a taxi from there to my destination hotel?

I would be grateful for your help with this.

Many thanks,

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Nice Airport to Villefranche-sur-Mer?

which hotel?

date/time of arrival?

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Nice Airport to Villefranche-sur-Mer?

The train is quick and easy if you don't mind some walking on both ends. Its about 10 minutes walk on level ground from the airport to Nice St Augustin station. About 5 Euros, 5 stops, and 15 minutes later you'll be in Villefranche. The train station requires going down some steps and then the waterfront is very level leading into the core of the town. If you're at Hotel Welcome or another hotel near the sea it is very easy. Other hotels would require walking uphill and or steps. The other alternative is airport bus 98 to Nice end of the line, and switch to bus 100 which stops in "upper" Villefranche. What hotel are you in?

3. Re: How to get from Nice Airport to Villefranche-sur-Mer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16