We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from St Raphael to Port Girmaud France

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from St Raphael to Port Girmaud France

I will be staying in Nice and want to visit Port Girmaud I .get a train to St Raphael,but does any one know how I get from St Raphael to Port Girmaud is there a bus service?and where can I find information on this bus service,as I require to get back to St Raphael to get the train back to Nice.Many Thanks for your help.Is there any other form of transport by road or sea to Port Girmaud from Nice

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from St Raphael to Port Girmaud France

THere is no train on this portion of the coast. Renting a car and taking advantage of it to go to St Tropez ?

And Grimaud, that I find more beautfiul than Port Grimaud. well not necessarily more beautiful but more authentic.

Mentioned in this post
Grimaud
Grimaud
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,501 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from St Raphael to Port Girmaud France

The bus no 7601 runs from St Raphael to Port Grimaud on the way to St Tropez. Runs every 60 to 90 minutes and takes an hour and a quarter ( I don't think they take into account bif traffic jams on this road in the summer).

You ask on a duplicate post 'is Port Grimaud worth it ?' Unless you have some very special reason for going there - no, it's not for a day trip. There are plenty of other more convenient places to spend a day near Nice.

Ed

Vence, France
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from St Raphael to Port Girmaud France

Agree with Ed, definetely not worth any detour. When you happen to come along by car (or boat) and have some time (45 min.) to spend, check it out, but otherwise...

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from St Raphael to Port Girmaud France

If you do want to try the 7601 bus (final destination St Tropez), you can find the timetable at www.varlib.fr. The bus leaves from St Raphael bus station which is right beside the rear entrance to the railway station. The fare is Euro 3 one way - a bargain, but don't expect the bus to be on time and be prepared for a very slow journey because of traffic congestion, particularly in peak season starting mid-July.

5. Re: Transport from St Raphael to Port Girmaud France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:16