We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

San Luis Obispo...
4 posts
Save Topic
Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

Hi! I am taking a Eurolinese bus from Barcelona to Nice. The bus arrives at 4am in Nice!! I have no idea what to do at this time of the morning... Is this safe? Is there somewhere we could go? Do we stay at the bus station? Any advice from previous similar experiences or knowledge of the area would be extremely appreciated!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

Do you have a hotel room booked in Nice?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

Th eurolines bus station is a tiny buspark so its not really designed for people spending lots of time there.

when are you doing this? day of week and month of year.

I would walk over to the airport or take the first free shuttle from outside the bus park at 4.30.

where in Nice are you staying?

buses into nice start about 6am

San Luis Obispo...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

Unfortunately no. Eurolines advertises that their overnight bus arriving at 9:30am in Nice goes every Monday/Wednesday/Friday, so I planned for that. Now, their site says that it only goes on a Sunday?! We do not have a hostel booked until the following night.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

so you arrive 4am, walk over or take shuttle to airport, hang around for a couple of hours then head into nice by bus.

See if you can drop bags at hostel, if not drop them at the luggage lockers at main station Nice ville.

i don't think i would bother paying for an extra night but i woudl see if early check inwas available

San Luis Obispo...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

We are doing this on a Monday night (arrival in Nice on Tuesday morning 4am) in July.

Are we walking distance to the airport? We were going to book a cheap flight instead, but I thought the airport was far away from the city center of Nice and the buses were closer? I thought a cheap flight might be less hassle, but I was not sure how far away the airport was from our hostel.

We are staying at the Villa Saint Exupery Beach, Nice. We do not have a stay booked until the following night.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

yes, it is walking distance from the bus park. Though i would wait for the shuttle about 4.30am since you don't know your way around. flag the bus down to get on.

To central Nice, the airport is 15-20 mins by taxi, about 20 mins by express bus 99 [ends at Nice ville station] , approx 30 mins by express bus 98 and about 35 mins -45 mins by service bus

so your stay is booked for wednesday night?

San Luis Obispo...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

It is booked for Tuesday, but our check-in is not until 2pm. I might try to get a really early check in if possible, or book a flight instead. Thanks for your help!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

Just to be clear in case i didnt explain properly , the bus park and airport are right next to each other. 5-10 mins walk but much easier to get the free shuttle bus in the dark

the saint exupery hostel people have the reputation of being very obliging, so i would guess they will let you drop your bags at least.

9. Re: Arriving in Nice at 4am. What should I do there???????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 06:16