We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earliest train from Nice to Ventimiglia?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Earliest train from Nice to Ventimiglia?

I want to travel from Nice to Florence on Aug. 15 and arrive in Florence as early as possible. There is a route leaving Ventimiglia at 6:33 and arriving in Florence at 12:32 – will the first train from Nice to Ventimiglia get me there in enough time to make this trip? I can't seem to find the train routes/times for Nice to Ventimiglia. Is Ventimiglia a large station? Is it easy to navigate? Any advice on taking this route is helpful!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,982 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Earliest train from Nice to Ventimiglia?

Times from Nice to Ventimiglia here …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH04_Mande…

If the train from Nice arrives on time (IF!) it is possible to connect with the 6.33 on Mondays to Fridays only. Ventimiglia is an easy station to navigate.

It is also a good idea to check your particular day of travel from Nice to Vintimille on http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en (giving your 'ticket collection country' as Afghanistan not USA to prevent transfer to Rail Europe), in case of cancellation through strikes or track maintenance.

I would not personally rely on this first train myself, as a reduced price ticket onwards from Ventimiglia is worthless if you miss your connection because of a delayed French train.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 17:19
2. Re: Earliest train from Nice to Ventimiglia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:17