We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus to marseille

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chevy Chase
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
bus to marseille

want to take bus to Marseille. need web site to plan. thx in advance. sat. departure.

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus to marseille

Why the bus & not train? www.capitainetrain.com

Chevy Chase
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus to marseille

I could take the train but I think I will see more of this part of france bia bus. I will probably never get back to this area and I would like to enjoy the sights, the people and since I am in no hurry, think the bus is better than the train.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus to marseille

If you plan to travel direct from Nice to Marseille by bus, be aware that the bus uses the auroroute which is definitely not a scenic trip.

The train ride ,along a track which hugs the coast, is lovely

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus to marseille

agree with Soooz, absolutely no point in taking the bus...you would get to see a lot of motorway and a lot of traffic....take the train, it is a beautiful journey which hugs the coast for a fair part of it. Great views and much more comfortable too

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus to marseille

But the train ride is nothing compared to the scenery you could enjoy with a car. Two of Europes finest coastal routes are on the way.

Chevy Chase
Level Contributor
234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus to marseille

guess it will be the train, don't think I want to drive, but thx for the info.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus to marseille

Will do the same trip in reverse and happy to hear the train is scenic. Going from Marseille to Pisa in peak summer tourist season so thinking to skip Nice.

Does the train stick to the coast through to Genoa?

Would there be somewhere to break the journey for a night, not over run with summer holiday makers?

Think to base in Pisa 2 or 3 nights and backtrack minus luggage to walk Cinque Terra.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus to marseille

Will do the same trip in reverse and happy to hear the train is scenic. Going from Marseille to Pisa in peak summer tourist season so thinking to skip Nice.

Does the train stick to the coast through to Genoa?

Would there be somewhere to break the journey for a night, not over run with summer holiday makers?

Think to base in Pisa 2 or 3 nights and backtrack minus luggage to walk Cinque Terra one day

9. Re: bus to marseille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16