We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avenue des Fleurs

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Avenue des Fleurs

Hi all

Would you recommend this location for a stay in Nice ? Is it an easy walk to the old town , the beach etc? If we get the bus from the airport, where would we get off and can we can then walk to the apartment ? Many thanks

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

Why not check Google Maps?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

First port of call as always. I was hoping for some local input.Especially re the airport bus.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

its a pleasant area, - 20-25 mins walk to edge of old town. shops etc nearby

10 mins walk to beach

If arriving before 9,40, take bus 23 from terminal 1 to either grosso/cum , gembetta/bottero or alsace lorraine , depending on where you are staying exactly

1euro50/person

Edited: 09 July 2014, 20:20
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

Thanks for the info especially for the bus. 20 mins seems rather a long way off from the old town. Might look for something more central.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Nice
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

I never understand why people think a 20-minute walk to the old town (or anywhere pleasant) is too long. It's so incredibly beautiful an urban walk -surely one of the best in the world- that that's like a child thinking that Santa Claus can't really be any good because he takes too long to come and leave presents.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

Thats why I recommended Google Maps. Anyone less sporty than selkie will maybe need longer for the 2.1 km and might not even having walked that much within the last 12 months all added up. Guess why there are Segways?

There are several routes from av des Fleurs to ville veille but all of them quite busy. To find the shortest way one would need Google Maps anyway.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

A 20 minute walk if you are young and fit is fine and exactly what you should be doing. I'm not going into my personal circumstances but unfortunately not everyone is in the their younger years.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

Central Nice is very compact and flat and there are a fair number of benches/seats. If mobility is an issue , then staying close to a tram stop or the area you think you are likely to want to be is a good idea. Note that buildings in the old town rarely have lifts.

personally, I try and pay attention to accessibility issues as i float about the area - i've had mobility issues myself in the past, my son smashed his leg a couple of years ago and was in plaster/leg support for months [he was in his teens] and my husband has spinal issues which means he needs to walk with a stick-, and i have elderly parents and inlaws who visit , so i have a reasonable understanding of the situation if people give a bit of info on any special needs they might have.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

Thank you. I appreciate the info. We actually enjoy walking but I have learnt from experience that location really is everything and accommodation where we can pop back for a rest during the day really suits our needs. We have booked accommodation in Avenue de Suede and are really looking forward to our visit to Nice.

10. Re: Avenue des Fleurs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:17