We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SFR scam?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SFR scam?

Really angry, am I SOL? I went to the local french mobile shop to get a SIM card, the lady told me

It is 19 euro, I asked her about what was advertised .99 euro without contract (sans engagement) and she said that's with contract. My coworker was waiting for me so I foolishly just paid the 19, but I went back to hotel and look again and it did say 0.99 euro without contract, it is a large chain (SFR), am I out of luck or if I go back and complain they would do something?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,033 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SFR scam?

<<I went to the local french mobile shop>>

What was the name of this shop? Did your SIM come with talk time or was it just for the SIM?

SFR is currently running promotions with its SFR Red program, unlimited talk and SMS for 5€ per month without contract. These promotions require your paying with a RIB which means you must have a French bank account.

To offer advice about its being a scam or not you will need to provide a lot more detail.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SFR scam?

"Sans engagement" does not mean prepaid, its more or less a contract without any duration. I have a "Free" contract "sans engagement" which costs me €2/month (well spent, btw).

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SFR scam?

IIRC you can add an extra sim for 99cents if you have several normal accounts with SFR .

4. Re: SFR scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:16