We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice airport to La Croix Valmer - best and cheapest options?

devon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nice airport to La Croix Valmer - best and cheapest options?

We are a family of four and need to get from Nice airport to La Croix Valmer August 9th(and return too on 16th August). We don't require a car at Croix Valmer so what would people recommend as the best options for travel? We looked into trains and it seemed a bit long winded; a taxi firm quoted 140Euros each way. Is there a better or cheaper option?

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice airport to La Croix Valmer - best and cheapest options?

Hi,

not much choice I'm afreaid : car or axi

140 € per taxi is actually a good fare. I got quoted at 250 € once (at 10 pm)... for that price I booked a car.

You must realize it is a 2 hours drive. Tolls at highways don't cost much (20-30 € max) and you'll consume 15 liters top. Then you have the car at disposal (but you don't need it).

Trains is as you found out inexistant. buses may run, but I looked from Toulon, it was a mess, I don't expect it easier from Nice.

I don't suppose you can change your trip and land at Hyeres (Toulon airport) from there it is 'only' 50 € per taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Toulon
Toulon
Var, France
Hyeres
Hyeres
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice airport to La Croix Valmer - best and cheapest options?

what time do your flights arrive/depart?

there are limited options of bus/bus or train/bus

140 euros is incredibly low - what sort of firm is this ?

- at the airport a taxi going by the meter is going to be 200 euros minimum as it is over 2 euros /Km during the lowest legal taxi fare period and its over 100km [also 26euros/hour slow driving, stopping /waiting time]

Edited: 13 July 2014, 21:08
Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice airport to La Croix Valmer - best and cheapest options?

Are you really sure that you do not need a car in La Croix Valmer? Public transport is just one bus without a car you will miss out on so much. My advice would be to get a car. We had a house in Cavalaire next to Croix Valmer and really needed a car to get around.

devon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice airport to La Croix Valmer - best and cheapest options?

Thanks for all the swift responses. We are arriving at 10am but will need to leave early the following week to get back to Nice airport. As far as whether we will need a car or not - we are intending it to be a relaxing break rather than too much sight seeing - maybe next time we may choose that option. The taxi person is a friend of someone we know - sounds pretty reasonable now I have heard your replies! Thanks again -

5. Re: Nice airport to La Croix Valmer - best and cheapest options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:15