We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

Auburn, Washington
Level Contributor
274 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

Hi, we will be arriving in Nice, after riding TGV from Paris. Our train is supposed to arrive on 2040-ish pm.

1. Will there be lots of taxi at the train station?

2. Do they accept credit card or should we prepare some Euros?

Thank you.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

There will probably be some taxis at the station at that time. They thin out after about 10pm but usually come back to the station till at least midnight

Cash [euros] only

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

I've walked from the station down to the Promenade des Anglais where your hotel is. Not a bad walk at all if you have roller luggage. Here's a link to a Google map with walking directions: https://goo.gl/maps/sNZAW

3. Re: From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 13:56
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

When giving directions for walking, I use the ''what would i tell my daughter to do rule'' , and i would always tell her to avoid badly lit areas and going away from the main routes , especially in a strange place

So i would definitely not use google's directions if arriving at night in a strange place as going down steep stairs into a fairly badly lit area which despite daily cleaning has a faint whiff of pee , beside a lap dancing club to becuase folk are going to feel creeped out unless they are Jack Reacher, even though it is actually a safe area.

If you want to walk , take jean medecin and turn right at Victor Hugo [ or take the tram to Massena stop and walk from there 1euro50/person ]

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

It's not a long way from the station to the Mercure. I have done it in reverse. Get a taxi.

6. Re: From Gare de Nice Ville to the Mercure at the Promenade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16