We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Diano Marina Transportation

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to Diano Marina Transportation

Hi,

Will be flying into Nice Airport and then taking the train to Diano Marina. Which train station is if not the closest then the easiest station to catch the train to Ventimiglia? Nice Ville or St-Augustin? Also can I buy my ticket onwards to Diano Marina in Nice or do i have to purchase that in Ventimiglia?

Thanks

Tour Azur
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
La Cavaleta - votre velo taxi a Nice
Taxis & Shuttles, Bike Tours, City Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Happymoov
Taxis & Shuttles
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,797 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Diano Marina Transportation

The closest station is Nice St Augustin. The easiest with luggage (because there are direct buses every 30 minutes from both Terminals, taking 15 minutes) is Nice Ville.

You can buy to Diano Marina at Nice Ville (I don't know about St Augustin). But you have to buy at the staffed ticket office, not from a ticket machine. If there are very long queues at the ticket office, you could buy from ticket machines to Vintimille (French for Ventimiglia) then buy again in Ventimiglia.

Or buy online to Vintimille from this link - https:/… - which gives you a ticket OK for any train that day. Then buy in Ventimiglia - best not to buy in advance as you do not know your arrival time, so don't know whether your first train out will be an Intercity or a Regional which are priced differently.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 21:37
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Diano Marina Transportation

Thank you Perilizia. We usually fly into Milano and then train direct to Liguria. This time we want to try via Nice as i think it may be a bit faster.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Diano Marina Transportation

I would assume that the staffed ticket office is open on Saturday and Sunday?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,797 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Diano Marina Transportation

Yes. For opening hours see gares-en-mouvement.com/en/…

5. Re: Nice to Diano Marina Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:17