We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Marsailles

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
282 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to Marsailles

Unfortunately we have to return from Marsailles to Toronto, rather than the more convenient Nice (Montreal only). Our flight from Marsailles to Toronto is on Tuesday, June 9th in the morning so we are planning on travelling the day before and spending the night close to the airport. Any recommendations on a convenient airport hotel and travel directions to Marsailles would be greatly appreciated.

Senga

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Marsailles

We will be starting our trip in Paris and looked into returning from Nice to Paris for a return flight but it was cost prohibitive at approximately 350 euro one way.

Senga

Edited: 03 August 2014, 22:01
California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Marsailles

Travel from Nice to Marseille or from some other place? If from Nice, the train is very convenient; it will take you to the main Marseille train station,St. Charles, from which you can take a shuttle to the airport. For airport hotels, just look under Marseille Airport Hotels.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Marsailles

June 9, 2015??? You'll have to wait for the proper flight prices, then. Check Easyjet later in the year.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Marsailles

... even now you could get a return flight for 190 EUR

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,856 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice to Marsailles

I don't know where you get a price of €350 to travel from Nice to Paris, even for 2 people.

By train, the walk-up price is €135 per person. If you buy soon after tickets go on sale, 3 months before travel, it can be as little as €43.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
443 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice to Marsailles

Thanks very much everyone for presenting different options, tips and pricing which I will explore further.

Senga

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice to Marsailles

It's really early to be looking for pricing, but where are you looking? And it might help to spell the place correctly - Marseille.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice to Marsailles

It's a personal preference, but I avoid flying out of CDG when I can. I find it easier to board an international flight in a smaller airport, and I choose to do that when I can. Following an arrival, we have traveled by train between Marseille and Nice, and the trip was rather pleasant.

That said, you should be able to fly between Nice and Paris for under $100 each, but unless you are traveling on different days, don't book different airlines. I'm thinking you should be able to book a single ticket on a Delta Skyteam combo that would start with AirFrance out of Nice. If you are brave enought to book same day tickets, leave at least three hours (I'd do more!) for your layover. You will go through passport control and security at CDG, and that can be a nightmare. I've done it, and it's worked...and it hasn't.

Another personal preference: if I have to book a connection, I do it on the front end. Making a connection after a long overseas flight is not something I like doing.

9. Re: Nice to Marsailles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17