We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

Skillman, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
transportation

from Suisse Hotel in Nice to Monta Carlo port Hercules

Tour Azur
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
La Cavaleta - votre velo taxi a Nice
Taxis & Shuttles, Bike Tours, City Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation

Ask at your hotel ( the day before preferably) if they can arrange a taxi or a private car company. From my experience it will cost about 90-100 euros

jhgrady

Vence, France
Level Contributor
7,188 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation

At least someone who does not steal the contributors time with this "please" babble and other dispensable affability... ;)

Adequate reply would have been:

Hail taxi.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 20:33
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,360 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation

Although if you say 's'il vous plait' to the bus driver of the 100 bus (every 15 minutes) you can do it for 1.5 euro.

Ed

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation

How would you advise walking to the bus 100 stop ( near Garibaldi )? I'm afraid I'll get lost going through the Old Town area. Or is there a better stop to board? If I opt for the train, eastbound, does it leave from Nice- Ville or the SNCC Gare de Ville? Thank you in advance; I learn so much from this board.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation

there is also a stop at the port which you could walk to but it will be busy so you might not get a seat

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,360 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation

The stations you mention are one and the same - the main rail station in Nice (Nice Ville) in Avenue Thiers. SNCF is the same as 'French Railways.

Ed

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation

donnnarncws,

No need to walk through the old town to get anywhere in Nice. You don't tell us your starting point but from the seafront following the tram lines north will take you to Place Garibaldi.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation

Thank you for your information. I also am staying at Hotel Suisse and will be taking the bus 81 or 100 to Cap Ferrat. Probably train to Monaco and to Antibes. If I follow the Promenade how do I get to the tram lines to follow them north to the bus stop? I walk slowly with a cane; should I allow about 30 minutes?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation

In that case I suggest you turn right out of the Suisse, then right again after about 400 yards into Rue Raoul Bosio. Keep straight ahead for about another 200 yards and you will arrive at stop Veille Ville of the tram line. Two stops will take you to Garibaldi in about two minutes. The first time I bought a ticket I did not find it easy but the locals are usually helpful to the elderly or physically challenged. They will also usually give you a seat on the bus, which is vital at busy times. Bus 100 in particular is usually crammed between 9.00 and 11.00am or so. The 81 is not usually quite so bad but has fewer seats.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: transportation

That seems simple enough. Thanks for the directions.