We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

Try to locate a bus 100 route map from the bus website and looks like it only for the timetable and a very map that is quite difficult to read, hence need some helps.

If I stay in Novotel Center Acropolis, where is the neaest stop I can catch bus 100 ?

Which stop should I get off if I want to visit Villefanche ?

Which stop should I get off if I want to visit Eze ?

Which stop should I get off if I want to visit St Paul de fence, not sure if this is the same as Eze ?

Which stop should I get off if I want to go Antibes ?

Thanks for all your help. KL

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

In nice the stop is near place garibaldi so i am told. I can't help with a route map but t-plus might be able to, he linked me to a lot of public transport routes online.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

Or really, did I? I rarely use public transport. Selkie is the expert for that. She seems to be on holiday, most certainly by bus and regional train.

100 is a kind of "overland" line, run by the Conseil General. To Villefranche and Eze are going the Lignes Azur buses (82 and 84??). Map here:

lignesdazur.com/ftp/…NiceNCAsept14.pdf

You cannot miss the stop, when it looks right and everybody gets out, you'll be there. No large cities. Same for St. Paul, there its Ligne 400. BTW, St. Paul is west from Nice, Eze east. Check out Google Maps.

Hope somebody can give you a less rubbish info than that.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

if you are staying at the novotel the best stop for the 100 is at garibaldi behind the shop monoprix. for Eze it's the 82 .the 100 mentions Eze but that is Eze sur bord and if you get off there it's a fair old hike 1200 ft up the hill. I would suggest you get the 100 to monte carlo then get a bus back to Eze easily done in a day, then you can had west the following day

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

See some other recent posts on crowding on the 100 bus. I would always advise getting on that bus at the terminus ( Garibaldi) as it may be full at the next one depending on the time of day.

-- In the absence of selkie's expert advice I imagine there are a lot of travellers wandering aimlessly around Nice looking for bus stops.

Ed

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

Thank you all. I start to manage figuring out the bus route and directions from varies source these 2 days. Eze seems to be a concern to me due to infrequent service. Any suggestions on a backup plan in case I am unable to catch the bus from Eze village back to Nice. Is walking down the hill to catch the train a difficult/long walk ?

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

Sorry, missed you question re Antibes. The 200 bus will drop you at Briand right in the centre of town near Place de Gaulle. I expect you will want to visit the Old Town which is a 20 minute walk down the Rue de la Republique.

But really I would advise you to take the train to Antibes and not the 200 bus which is hot slow and crowded - despite what it says in the timetable it can take an hour and a half or more ( train half an hour or less). From the station a very pleasant walk along the yacht quays will bring you to the Old Town. Also the 200 bus route is not a world class drive like the 100.

You can do some research on the Eze Village path which comes out right by the station by googling 'Nietszche Path Eze . It is a steep perhaps 35 mins for the able bodied. Nietszche who lived in Eze of course went mad.

Ed

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

Ed,

Thanks for the information.

Yes I did planned to travel to Antibes by train after some more research today, probably take bus 400 to Saint Paul de vence in the morning and catch the train on the way back stop by Antibes.

Also good to know the name of the Eze track. I googled and have a look and saw some youtube videos about it. I think it will be a hard walk up hill, not too bad for downhill I think, so at least there is an option for me in case I miss the bus coming down :)

Finally regarding train transport. I will take the train from Monaco to Nice. Can I assume I can travel with luggage on the train ? I did not consider the bus option because I assume there will be a lot of people and bus don't like luggage ??

Thanks again.

8. Re: Where to catch bus 100 in nice ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16