We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The nightlife in nice? any ideas PLEASE?

london UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The nightlife in nice? any ideas PLEASE?

Ok, me and my best friend will be going to nice in April, its not going to be peak season but hopefully it will fun. We are both 17 and although the main part of our holiday will be about relaxing...we will want to go out in the evening. Resturants, i know like the back of my hand, because i've been to nice a thousand times, same for beaches and tourist attractions..done them all. But all of those times i've never wanted to go for the nightlife so i've never experienced it? ANY HELP would be great...where is good to go for a fun night out on the town? not to far from the Promanade d'anglais!? 20 minute walk is fine!!?

Thanks all

Lorna x

Nice
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The nightlife in nice? any ideas PLEASE?

Far from being an expert, I would expect the places you're looking for be to be found mostly in the Old Town. A second centre of gravity, but less so and less upmarket, is up at the train station area. My suggestion: stick to the Old Town, at least for a start. Once there, ask for addresses then getting to them on your own feet for direct looks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The nightlife in nice? any ideas PLEASE?

Lornie - forget London - this isn't anywhere near it. London is 10million people, Nice is 300,000 - its not got the same variety and verve,.

But nevertheless its got some life

Check the rue de la Prefecture in Old Nice - NiklasB is right - there are three or four "nightspots" all within a hundred yards including Waynes, Master Home, Thor Pub in the Cours, and cool-ish bars, like Le Liqwid branching off the Cours. Nose about and try places. But its not Majorca or Faliraki - if that's what you are looking for its not here (thank God!)

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The nightlife in nice? any ideas PLEASE?

Ma Nolan's Irish Pub (Cours Saleya almost next to the Opera House) has a fabulous atmosphere, unbelievable staff and live music every night until the early hours and it really is a young scene after 9-10pm. I'm sure the sfaff there would be able to advise you if you wanted to extend the festivities when they close. Check out all the sections at www.ma-nolans.com.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The nightlife in nice? any ideas PLEASE?

Waynes is normally the place for students/travellers etc and is open until about 2am, with live bands most evenings, Ma Nolans normally attracts the younger element from around 9pm but unless things have changed it closes at midnight.. Bar Thor has a live band upstairs most evenings and the drinks are cheaper than most places in Nice, more locals in Thor.(closes about 2am)

For an extra late party /disco/dj try L'escalier(closes about 4am ) in the road from the Flower Market to the Promenade.

5. Re: The nightlife in nice? any ideas PLEASE?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 18:16