We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places of Interest from Port Grimaud

Which Grimaud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Places of Interest from Port Grimaud

We're taking our first holiday in France with 2 young kids (3 and 1). I'm taking the car so I'm keen to see the area other than just Nice, Monacco and St Tropez.

Can anyone suggest som things to do that might not be classed as the norm, or anything the kids would like ?

Thanks

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places of Interest from Port Grimaud

When are you going as during summer driving anywhere does take a long time. When we know your dates we can make some more sensible suggestions but with little ones probably the beach is what they will really like.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places of Interest from Port Grimaud

Your right I should have mentioned that. We get there on the 15th September for 2 weeks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places of Interest from Port Grimaud

My children are quite a bit older than yours but some of the things they particularly enjoyed while staying in Port Grimaud were:

Taking the boat trip across to St Tropez (costs around 5 euros for children and 10euros for adults I think)

Taking the 'petit train' from Port Grimaud up to the medieval village of Grimaud. These little road trains are very popular and a great way to see round when it gets too hot to walk! We also went on one in Ste Maxime and in Monaco, but saw them in many of the other places we visited.

The Aqualand waterpark in Ste Maxime

The Azur Park funfair - not my scene but my children loved it. Although many of the rides are for older children there is a great dinsoaur themed miniature golf. Also in Prairies de la Mer campsite there is a little funfair aimed at much younger children.

Sitting on the bridge at the entrance to Port Grimaud and feeding bread to the fish!!

Regular visits to the many ice cream shops and spending at least 10 minutes choosing flavours!!There are lots in Port Grimaud but their favourite was on the front in St Tropez - sorry I can't remember the name but you will know it when you see it as the ice cream just looks fantastic!

But most of all.....just hours of fun on the beach. (can also recommend the beach photographer - they take beautiful black and white photographs of the children playing on the beach/in the water)

I'm sure you will have a great time whatever you choose to do

4. Re: Places of Interest from Port Grimaud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Grimaud