We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

Which Roquebrune-Cap-Martin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

I've been eyeing a hike mentioned in easyhiker. It begins at the "Roquebrune Cap Martin" train station and goes up to Roquebrune. We would be coming from Menton at that point. I've looked at the SNCF website (as well as RailEurope) and cannot find any trains that stop there. Does that sound right to you experts out there?

Also, would it be possible to take the #100 bus there? And if so, what stop is closest to the Roquebrune Cap Martin train station?

Thanks in advance. You all have provided invaluable guidance so far.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

Trains are not stopping at Roquebrune station until the end of work on the Monaco tunnel [currently supposed to end 30th march]

If you are you are supposed to be taking escalier saft, then get off at stop ''2eme escalier'' on bus 100 route [or you could get off at stop ''1eme escalier '' if the plan is to take Escalier de Corinthille

boston
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

The hike starts with the Le Corbusier trail, going to the Dragonniere post just before Cap Martin. Then it says take the stairs all the way up and turn into Avenue Heriot on your left at the top of the hill.

Does this make sense to you? I assume the 1eme and 2eme escaliers would be the stairs? And either would be OK?

It's hard to picture if you've never been there.

Thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,744 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

The steps (stairs) SelkieNice are referring to are completely different to the ones you are writing about. Hers rise from the main road up towards Roquebrune, yours rise from the sea-front up to Cap Martin.

If you want to follow your particular walk, get off at the 2me Escalier bus stop as suggested, then walk further along the main road for a few yards and turn left down the Escalier Saint Louis, yet another set of steps which will get you down to the train station. Then follow wherever it is you've been directed from there.

The less frequent 18 bus also goes to 2me Escalier and can be more convenient from some parts of Menton. For its timetable, click on www.zestbus.fr/Pratique/Lignes-et-horaires

boston
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

Thank you! That is very helpful information.

Just in case it turns out to be too strenuous of a hike, do you happen to know which bus stop is closest to Roquebrune village?

I hope I haven't used up my quota of questions in this post...

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

If you want the stairs up to Roquebrune village , you have the choice of the two escalier stops mentioned earlier. If you want to skip the walk and just go direct to the village , you can take a bus number 21 direct from menton

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

My husband and I walked up these steps from the station to Roquebrune village in October last year and it is one hell of a hike. We are in our early fifties slim and enjoy walking. It is more of an endurance test than a pleasant walk and I injured my knee on the walk down. The walk around Cap Martin is beautiful and starts at the station. Much better and easier on the knees!

7. Re: Cap-Martin-Roquebrune hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2017, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
More Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Topics