We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Which St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

My wife and I will be in the Cote d' Azur for 5 nights, beginning in early September. Does anyone have recommendations as to dinner and/or lunch spots in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat?

The restaurant can be either casual or more upscale/trendy. We enjoy all different kinds of food.

Thank you

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
418 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

There are many restaurants right in Cap Ferrat - they are basically in 3 locations. The fancy ones in the hotels, the cafe's in the center of the village, and then the ones all along the port. The rest. in the Voile d'Or hotel has an exceptional position and is expensive and the food is very good - really nice spot. The rest in the Royal Riviera is also excellent and has a great terrace. The Luna Rossa italian place in the center of the village serves quite good and authentic Italian seafood... The Cadilac has very good food and great pizza... On the port Calablu is my favorite... The Captain cook, just past the village has nice provencal style food.

Ooops - oh yea Paloma Beach has some of the best fresh fish anywhere in the world...

There are about 40 places beyond that... in St JEan...

Then you have Villefranche sur Mer right next-door with another 50 or so places - Mere Germain is very good.....

In Beaulieu there are another bunch - The African Queen at teh port is very good and Les Agave in town is nice too....

All places are fairly casual except the two at the hotel....

Lastly the restaurant at the The Reserve de Beaulieu, while VERY VERY expensive has one of the best views on the planet, top notch food, and is served in a most elegant surrounding!!!

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
418 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

If you like Morocean food -- there is a nice place to go - esp if the weather is bad -- Le Petit Darkum - right before the port in Beaulieu... forgot about that one.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

We really like la Goelette at the marina in Cap Ferrat - beautiful sea food and excellent value set menus

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Apparently Bono's favourite is Petite Afrique at Bealieu.

Though "expensive", but nowhere near the La Reserve price, comes Le Sloop on the St Jean Marina. Favoured I read by Michael Winner and Andrew Loyd-Webber, both of whom are rumoured to know a thing or two about fine dining.

The key determinant of the final bill here is often the chosen wine. Its often more expensive than the meal itself. Go by the glass, if you can handle the waiters sniff of disapproval when you decline the wine list.

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
418 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Did you really mean le Petit Afrique - the road-side burger joint? - I love that place. I was on a rescue operation for some friends taking the late train to Ventimiglia from Venice and we stopped there at about 3 am when all the city workers were grabbing a bite - my friends said best burger ever!!

I love the Indian dude(I think Indian) who rides in on his bike in the brown suit!!

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Le Sloop is great. The service is top - very friendly. The food is excellent quality, well prepared. It's better than many atarred restaurants I've been to.

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
418 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

I have not been to Le Sloop in a few years - I had found the owner to be not particularly cooperative. Maybe things have changed - which would be good.

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Do not go to The african Queen in Beaulieu. Terrible food & service!

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Best restaurant without doubt is Les Agaves in Beaulieu sur Mer. High quality and good value. Michael Winners favourite on the Cote d'azur.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

How much is the set menu at Les Agaves - the price is not mentioned on the website as far as i can see

Get answers to your questions about St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat