We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antibes in October

london
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Antibes in October

My husband and I and our 3 year old son will be staying in Antibes for a week in early October. Can anyone tell me whether it could be beach weather at that time and weather any beach clubs are still open in October.

Very excited about the trip!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antibes in October

Antibes doesn't really have beach clubs, for that sort of thing you really need to go to Juan les pins

Early October is usually beach weather but this year has been topsy turvy weather wise, with snow lying in nice in spring , a heatwave end june and all july, rain and dull days in August etc

My guess is that you should have some nice beach days

but it will be a bit easier to predict trends the week before you arrive

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antibes in October

Selkie is right hopefully the weather will still be lovely.

If you can't find any suitable beach clubs in JLP (have a feeling many there close at the end of Sept), head for Cannes ,only 2 more stops on the train where the private beaches will definitely be open

Enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,669 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antibes in October

Hi,

Ditto, on heading to Cannes for the lovely beach...as mentioned October can be iffy, so hopefully the "Gods" will play sunshine into your cards.

EM.

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
436 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antibes in October

With the crowd here. You will likely have both kinds of days beach and non beach. In any event October can be a very beautiful time, with clear comfortable days!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,929 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Antibes in October

I think you will be pleasantly surprised, Rgreen. Unlike hot and sticky July and August you can spend as long as you like in the sun and the water is still warm for swimming. However even the little vans and snack bars that serve the beaches in Antibes close up shop on September 30th -( local bye law rather than the weather) . The Bijou Beach restaurant in Juan les Pins and possibly several others will still be open - the Bijou is to be seen open on sunny days in Novemebr but is rather expensive.

Ed

6. Re: Antibes in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat