We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice, St Paul de Vence or Vance?

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Nice, St Paul de Vence or Vance?

Any thoughts on where it might be better to base for about 3 days after time in Paris, and Aix-en-provence--Nice, St. P d'Vence, Vence or Vence? Looking for good food, ambience, beauty, picturesque.

Perhaps it is better to stay in Nice and do day trips to the others, instead of staying in the local towns for several days?

We leave from Nice airport at 7 am so I suppose we should stay in Nice for the last night? Might be hard go get from the other locations so early? Wondering what the cab fare would be from St P d Vence to Nice airport?

Iowa
Level Contributor
227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nice, St Paul de Vence or Vance?

I'll throw my 2 cents in. Vence will probably fill your hill top town desire. It's larger than St. Paul de Vence and has lots of restaurants. It's a lovely town and very quaint. It's completely different than VF. One is a pretty little beach side village, the other a pretty little hill town with a medieval walled center. If you are looking for a sandy beach to hang at for most or part of the day, then VF would be a better choice, but that doesn't seem to be what you are asking for.

I loved Vence and I loved Nice, but if you're looking for something less touristy, you won't find it in VF. Then again, the whole area is touristy - that's why EVERYONE goes to the south of France and then can't wait to go back!!

st paul france
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nice, St Paul de Vence or Vance?

I disagree on several comments about St Paul de Vence ( I live here). In October, there will be many restaurants open in the evening, at least 10. Check out www.-saint-pauldevence.com.

Also I have never had a problem getting a taxi, if the taxis in St Paul are busy, they have arrangements with other taxis nearby and can arrange a ride on short notice. And I have never heard them say they were busy with taking people to doctors appointments. And a taxi is 50 euros to the airport.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Nice, St Paul de Vence or Vance?

I traveled all over the area for 2 weeks. I was based in Antibes. My favorite town was Vence. Beautiful and picturesque. I hope to return there some day.

14. Re: Nice, St Paul de Vence or Vance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2014, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about St-Paul-de-Vence