We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toulon Airport to Saint Tropez - help!!

4 posts
Save Topic
Toulon Airport to Saint Tropez - help!!

Hi - we are 3 families of 4 travelling from Toulon Airport to Saint Tropez on Friday 8th August this year. We have 6 children under the age of 6 between us.

Can anybody advice which Public Transport to take or whetehr we would be better in Taxis. The cost of the cars seem prohibitive - we are there for 14 days.

Thank you.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toulon Airport to Saint Tropez - help!!

There is a navette from airport to St Tropez but only twice a day. if not convenient then it is dfifficult.

We are often close to St Top in holiday and didn't find a better solution than drive to airport and pick up or guests or take a taxi.

I leave you what I found on google (the shuttles and varlibs = buses).

If you want a reliable taxi you can PM me : I use same taxi company from Cavalaire to Toulon several times a year. Obviously there are also taxis in St Trop but cannot recommend any. Taxi is not free I guess it will cost you at least 100 €. Buses would cost you about 5-10 max per person, but you must fit in their schedule !

…aeroport.fr/fr/…bus -clikc on the UK flag to get it in english...

You have one shuttle at 9 15 and one at 21 that go all the way to St Trop (2 hours travel - by car it would be 1 15 hour, so not bad).

2 more shuttles 13 35 and 16 10 seem to stop at La foux, which is 10 kms from St Trop.... from there ???

- guess this is typical french.... La Foux is the middle of nowhere.... a big roundabout with a supermarket.

So I guess if you are inbetween these hours, go back to Toulon with this shuttle, then take another bus from Toulon (but it is going to be boring...) . count 45 min to Toulon gare routière

Cliquez sur le nom de l'arrêt pour afficher les horaires de passage du jour sélectionné Mode de transport : BUS Mode de transport : BUS Mode de transport : BUS Mode de transport : BUS Mode de transport : BUS

departure times : Aéroport Toulon Hyères 06:50 10:30 13:20 16:30 20:55

from Toulon.... their site is not well organized, please look more closely or google it !!!

What is sure is taht if it takes 45 min back to Toulon, then you have to go from Toulon to St trop, it will take probably 2 30 hours to reach St Trop + waiting times, both in Toulon and in Hyeres... looks like it NOTvery easy.

Trains : there are no trains from Toulon to St Trop, the old railway has been dismantled and is now a bike track.....

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toulon Airport to Saint Tropez - help!!

Sadly, hiring a car (or cars) may be the least bad solution. Taxis are very expensive; personally, I'd be surprised if you could get away with paying less than Euro 200 per car each way. As for the bus, this is the link to the timetable:

La Foux (the daytime bus terminus, about 5 km short of St Tropez) is accurately described in post No 1. I suspect the route has been cut back to this huge and congested traffic giratory because of the gridlock getting from there to St Tropez itself. There are, however, other bus routes which run on from La Foux to St Tropez, or you could call a taxi from there which would be cheaper. The pronunciation of La Foux, incidentally, is "La Fooks"; the "x" is not silent, contrary to the usual rules of French pronunciation.

If you go to the bus company website www.varlib.fr and click on "Itineraires", you can get suggested bus connections from La Foux on to St Tropez. The site is in French only. Under "Depart", start typing "Aeroport" and click on "Aeroport (Arret) Hyeres" (which is the stop you want because Toulon airport is actually in the neighbouring town of Hyeres). Under "Arrivee" start typing "St Tropez" then click on "Gare Routiere (Arret) - St Tropez" (that's the bus station). The calendar only runs up to June at present, so click on any Friday, but check back later when the August times are posted. Don't, though, expect any bus to be running on time. In peak season, 30-60 minutes late, or more, is quite normal.

The fare is Euro 3 per person each way, including transfers to connecting buses, or Euro 21 for a 10-journey ticket (usable by multiple passengers). Children under 3 are free. Compared to UK bus fares, it's a bargain. But a car is a lot more convenient and, even in peak season, allows you to get around reasonably well so long as you avoid the road from St Tropez through La Foux to Ste Maxime and on to the access to the A8 motorway at Le Muy.

3. Re: Toulon Airport to Saint Tropez - help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Tropez