We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pampelonne virgins

Which Saint-Tropez hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Pampelonne virgins

So we'll spend 2 days in St Tropez later this month, at least one day we'll use one of the beach clubs (either Tahiti or 55). Never been to a beach club before and want to better understand how it works, please bear with me. Many questions...

1) do we need to book beach chairs in advance, or just show up?

2) after we are in the chairs, can we leave for a walk and get back after say 1 hour?

3) can we order finger food and eat in the beach chairs, or shall we move to a table for lunchtime?

4) can we drink from our water bottles / bring fruit, or we must consume from the premisses only?

5) is it safe to leave a handbag with a camera in the chairs while we swim / go to bathroom, etc? If not, do they have lockers?

6) Usually our "beach mode" is walking along the shore for the whole extension of the beach and back. Is it feasible or the beach is divided in zones for each club, with no transit?

7) If I understood correctly, there are nudist spots. Is it ok to walk through these areas with my shorts on?

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pampelonne virgins

Answering my own questions. Based on Club 55:

1) It depends on the day, better book in advance. I saw they turning people down, while the day before I just showed up and was given a hut.

2) Yes you can leave for a walk, etc.

3) Must move to table for lunch, or buy a snack counter service. They don't serve food on the beach.

4) Haven't seen anybody picnicking. Their food is not expensive (by St Tropez standards), you can grab a simple cheap sandwich on counter service if tight on budget (then again, you should go to the public beach and avoid the clubs cover charge).

5) Left handbag with cash and camera unattended by the mattresses while out walking / swimming, without any problems. Not sure if I was just lucky or what. Haven't seen lockers.

6) It's fine to walk along the shore, through several clubs.

7) There are nudist spots and I walked past those without any ado.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pampelonne virgins

Are the beach clubs open in late October? I think they close at the end of September.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pampelonne virgins

OP was of August 16.

4. Re: Pampelonne virgins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Tropez