We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

Seattle
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Topic
Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

I need to get from Nice to Villefranche sur Mer on a Sunday. I looked at the Ligne d'Azur pages and if I am reading the schedules correctly, it does not look like the buses run to VSM on Sunday. I've looked at 81, 100 routes and I don't see any listings for Dimanche.

It looks like a taxi might be my best option. Can anyone confirm for me that the buses do not run on Sunday from Nice to VSM? Second, what is the estimate taxi cost from central Nice to VSM on a Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Villefranche-sur-Mer
Villefranche-sur-Mer
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

Why not take the SNCF (train) from Nice to VSM?

Seattle
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

I need to get to the main bus area near Octroi stop. I will have luggage with me and it looked to be a bit of a walk.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

Last year, at night, I took a taxi from Nice train station to a hotel in VSM. It cost me about 30 euro plus tips.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

Bus 81 doesn't run on sundays, bus 100 does. Schedules:

rca.tm.fr/ftp/…20A.pdf

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

Are you going to the Institut de Francais trav4flowers?

I just looked into it yesterday and would love to attend for a couple of weeks next year, it looks FABULOUS.

Mentioned in this post
Institut de Francais
Institut de Francais
139 Reviews
Villefranche-sur-Mer, France
Seattle
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

ggg5312 - Thank you for the information. This will help me weigh my options.

Bill2005 - Excellent. I thought I had found that schedule on the Ligne d'Azur line but I haven't been able to find it again. I appreciate you locating the schedule. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Yes, I am going to be studying at the Institut in September. I am going to moving into my apartment on Sunday. I'm staying Fri and Sat in Nice. I waited too long to find a hotel in my price range in VSM. I was hoping not to eat up all my savings by having to take a taxi. I don't mind walking with luggage but I don't want to do an extra bit by having to walk from the train station.

BTW, This forum is great for planning a trip to Cote d'Azur area. Great information and great members.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

trave4flowers

You must be soo excited about your upcoming trip, good for you.

I am very jealous, I am thinking I will do a two week stint in 2008.

Enjoy!!

btw, i am the same person as prdoluvr, i have two id's on tripadvisor

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

Trsv4, glad to see that you are attending the same school I did several years ago. That was why I went back for a revisit last year. I love VSM and the school. Do you still have to pick up the package from Chez Betty? If so, you might be better off taking a bus from Nice. The stop is few shops from Chez Betty. Do you know the address of your apt. yet? If I can be of further assistance, you can write me directly - ggg5312@excite.com.

9. Re: Transportation options on Sunday from Nice to Villefranche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer
More Villefranche-sur-Mer Topics