We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

nejlepsihest
7 posts
Save Topic
Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

We will be traveling through Villefranche-sur-Mer in early August and are looking for a place to camp with tents (2 tents, 4 people). We are not looking for anything fancy. Just a place to pitch tents over night for two days. Can anyone recommend a place?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

There are no camp sites in villefranche-sr-mer- you will either need to go to Villeneuve loubet [plage or village] or Antibes/Biot

these links are ones that a] had websites and b] had info on tent pitches

Villeneuve loubet village =- le sourire

http://tinyurl.com/lpt6sh

Villeneuve loubet plage

parc des maurettes

www.parcdesmaurettes.com/index.php…

or

camping panorama

campingpanorama.monsite.wanadoo.fr/page3.html

Camping du pylone is Antibes/Biot -near marineland

http://www.campingdupylone.com/gb/tarifs.html

There are lots of others in villeneuve plage and Anbtibes but they don't seem to have websites so i'd try these first

nejlepsihest
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

Thank you!

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

There's a campsite at Menton:

www.menton.fr/article.php3?id_article=44

And here's a list of others in the region:

tourist-office.org/camping/france/camping-Al…

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

The menton site can't be pre-reserved -I personally wouldn't head there on the off chance given that there are so few other alternatives

Maybe its just me but it really abnnoys me to see huge lists like this without links to websites

or even details about the campsite - you'd think it was 1999 not 2009.

what is the point of having to phone up every camp-site to see if they are caravan or pre-pitched tents only as so many of them are?

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

The point of a list is that it's a starting point for further research. One can google the names of the campsites to see if there are comments about it, or listings on directory websites which give the necessary information. There are many places around that don't have websites but are perfectly nice places to stay. Many French still use fax and post to communicate rather than email. A quick phone call will give you an idea of the friendliness of the people on the other end.

Basically, the list gives the original poster more choice - it's up to them whether they want to research the alternatives by googling or phoning. They can take it or leave it.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

My comment was about the list itself and the camp sites who list themselves there not about you providing the link for other people to use.

Its a self listing site so the individual owners sign up and give their own info - or in almost all cases lack of info -even when they do have websites and email addresses

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
421 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

There also is a Camping area up on, I think the Grand Corniche - near St Michele, above Beaulieu.

8. Re: Tent camping near Villefranche-sur-Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer
More Villefranche-sur-Mer Topics