We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shop closing times

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Shop closing times

Hi

I will be arriving in Villefranche at around 7pm on Sunday evening. Could anyone tell me if there will be any food stores still open at this time, just to to get a few basic provisions, milk, bread etc?

I would also like to know the nearest shop to where my apartment is...Ave de la Malmaison.

Also any recommendations for good patisseries/boulangeries to buy daily bread and their locations.

Many thanks

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shop closing times

The only shop open will be the 24 hour one which is just beyond the traffic lights on the main road. Unfortunately they don't sell fresh food with the emphasis on breakfast cereal, crisps, fizzy drinks and so on. Definitely no fresh milk and I don't think they do any kind of bread. There are some rather better places if you turn left out of Nice Ville station. The fastest, if not entirely reliable, way to Villefranche from the airport is train from Nice St Augustin. Instead you could get bus 99 to Nice Ville, nip to the shops and then train to Villefranche. If you arrive by bus you will be close to your flat but the train station is the best part of a kilometre away. I usually go straight to Villefranche, buy a pizza or similar and wait until shops open the next morning.

There is a supermarket almost directly across from where Ave Malmaison joins the main road but milk sometimes doesn't arrive until 8.30 or 9.00AM. The largest bakery is right beside the traffic lights at the main cross roads, about three minutes from the end of your road.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shop closing times

Thanks so much for the fast response, the information is very useful.

Edited: 23 August 2010, 23:05
3. Re: Shop closing times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer
More Villefranche-sur-Mer Topics