We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Prices

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
west yorks
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Prices

Hello

Just wanted some guide on restaurant prices so we can budget our holiday accordingly.

The restaurants we are interested in visiting are Le Cosmo and La Grignotiere for evening meals.

Also are there any reasonably priced places for lunch by the beach?

Many Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Prices

At Le Cosmo, main courses are around 12-14 euro, and the puddings (essential!! Tarte Tatin to die for!) are mostly around 7.50 euro. Branded drinks are expensive as everywhere, but they do a 50cl pichet of wine around 8 euro as best I recall. A bottle of wine starts around 14 euro.

If you add coffee or starter, obviously you are pushing the envelope from thirty euro a head upwards.

YMMV

The restaurants along the port edge are a bit more by observation, and Carluccio at the end of the run, before the beach starts, is a fair bit more, with typically mains around the 18-20 euro mark. But you get valet parking and a better view. That's where I saw Bjorn Borg over from Monaco for lunch - much more reasonable than Monaco prices.

YMMVAPD

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Prices

its Carpaccio I think

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Prices

Carpaccio, Carluccio, Capraloggio, Capuccino, what's in a name - it's all Italian isn't it?

You are quite right, of course. Its the one you mentioned.

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Prices

Don't miss the crab salad at LeCosmo. It was about 10 Euros, but big enough to share and full of crab legs. Wonderful!.

Roy, Utah
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Prices

Can't wait to eat the crab salad at Le Cosmo. My mouth is watering. Will be spending a month in town in Oct/Nov of this year. I would welcome any and all information and recommendations I can receive regarding my stay. My husband and I are retired and are anticipating to have a great time. Had only spent 1 day touring Villefranche 5 yrs. ago, but fell in love with the area. Please guide us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Prices

Prices have gone up at Le Cosmo - we are in VFSM now as a party of 6 and have eaten there twice already.

Starters average 9-10 euros

Pasta mains are 14-16 euros, fish mains are 21-26 euros, entrecote steak and fries 23 euros (had it last night, very good), desserts 7-10 euros. This week they've had a special of mussells and fries which is massive and good and cheap (15 I think). Cocktails 9-12 euros, pichet of wine as reasonable as ever.

We all said on our first night that the prices were up on a year ago, but equally it's still very good value for the food and service

Roy, Utah
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Prices

Jeremy,

thank you very much for your reply. Any updates are greatly appreciated.

Winchester
Level Contributor
36 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Prices

Just returned from a week there and envy you your month! We ate a couple of times at Le Sere, which had wonderful food, from pizzas to spaghetti aux fruits de mer, to a wonderful beef and ravioli dish. The fixed price was 17 euros and included a main, a wonderful salad (I liked the duck), and a dessert. Pretty much seemed like food available in town for any price range, with some of the best just being just grabbing a sandwich in town and taking it to the beach. have fun.

Roy, Utah
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Prices

We are planning on experiencing it all, I hope. Thank you for the reply. I can't wait!!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Prices

We're taking a friend to lunch in Villefranche next week. The snag is that his plane doesn't land until 12.30, so we won't be there until mid-afternoon. Do any of these places serve through the day or is it the usual French scenario of lunch until 1.30-2.00 only?