We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

Hello I'm considering booking this suite for a four night stay and just wondered if anyone on here has stayed in it and what your thoughts are? The bathroom looks about the same size as one you'd find in a caravan on the hotel photo and I'm worried the novelty will wear off quickly. Input would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

I see you're not hjaving many responses to this!

If it helps, we've stayed 4 times at this hotel, in a superiod double with a wraparound (double) balcony overlooking the sea AND the square/Cosmo, as well as a regular double with terrace overlooking the bay. Our friend stayed in another type of room.

Key point is all the rooms we had were fairly small with small bathrooms, and I reckon the novelty of having an outside sunning terrace might wear off (the beach is 2 mins away) - especially if this place has low ceilings (it looks like it does).

but haven't stayed there.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

We haven't stayed in the suite, but like Jeremy, we've stayed in a corner room with two balconies. The rooms are small, but with the balconies, the rooms feel larger. The balconies become part of your room, and I think the bathrooms at the end of the halls might be larger than in the middle rooms. The room entrance faces the end of the hallway, so you have that extra space in your room...or at least, that's been our experience. Looking at the suite online, I felt at Jeremy said, it looked cramped and we'd been happy in a Superior room. IMO, a corner room, especially on the fourth or fifth floor facing Cap Ferrat, is worth the extra expense, but I would have been happy with others.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

Charlotte,

I used to be a regular at the Welcome until they more than doubled their prices. Never stayed in the yacht cabin suite but standard rooms are now very poor value. Those at the Hotel Darse are almost as big, more recently refurbished and IMO the Darse is in a nicer location. The Welcome isn't what we would usually think of as a hotel as it doesn't have a restaurant, although this is no disadvantage as there are many close by. Don't know what you are paying but you can get four nights in a sea view room at the Darse for around 300 euro. Assuming you would pay at least 1,000 euro at the Welcome, you might consider three nights at the Darse and one at a top class luxury hotel such as the nearby Royal Riviera or the Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat, both of which provide value for rather a lot of money. The infinity pool at the Grand is almost worth the money even without the room.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

I did stay at Hotel Welcome around 10 years ago in a room with a balcony that resembled a cabin. Based on the photos on their web site, it is probably the same room, but it has been significantly upgraded. One thing that I do recall about it - the toilet was private but was down the hall disconnected from the bedroom. It might pay to ask if that is still the case.

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

Thank you all so much for your replies!

As is often the case with me I leave everything 'til the last minute and I didnt have the option of the yacht cabin suite in the end. Or even the option of staying at the Welcome for the entire duration of the trip! So we are now partly staying a couple of nights in a Comfort Double at the Welcome (that was all they had left) and a couple of nights at the Royal Riviera round the corner.

I'm just really looking forward to spending some time in that area, having never been there before, and hope to make good use of the buses and trains.

6. Re: Yacht Cabin Suite - Hotel Welcome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer
More Villefranche-sur-Mer Topics