We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
262 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

I will be taking the train from Cannes to Villefranche and then would like to go to the two beaches, Plage Paloma and Plage Passable. How would I get to them and how far are they? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

These little beaches are on the west ( Passable) and east (Paloma) side of Cap Ferrat respectively. Passable is near the Villa Rothschild. Paloma is just beyond the port St Jean Cap Ferrat. Maybe 20 minutes walk to Passable and 40 minutes walk for Paloma. You could also take the 81 bus.

Ed

USA
Level Contributor
262 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

What is the difference between the two beaches? Where would I take bus #81 from and to for Paloma beach?

USA
Level Contributor
262 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

Also - How to I get from Villefranche to Cap Ferrat?

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

they are both nice beaches but I prefer Paloma for its postion and its restaurant

for Paloma you take the bus to the stop just before Port St Jean or to the Port St Jean (a few minutes further walk) and walk-10 /15 minutes

there are a number of stops for the 81 in Villefranche but none directly near the station so you need to walk up to the main road

Note also the bus goes to Beaulieu before Cap Ferrat- not a problem being only a few minutes but enough to cause mild panic for those who didn't know

USA
Level Contributor
262 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

Got it - any way you can provide some additional information on the bus stop from Villefranche and where exactly it is located?

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

take a look at www.lignesdazur.com

plug in 81 and you can see the names of the stops

villefranche is not a big place and there is only one main road through at coast level so you can't really go wrong

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

Hi. We are staying in villefranch right now and visited the Paloma beach two days ago. I see that u are from the USA. We are from Canada. Please understand that the beach is all rocks and if u are planning to stay on the public portion then the beach is very small and depending on when u arrive you may have difficulty finding a spot on the beach or you may feel crowded. Because it is also at the base of the mountain you may or may not have sun. The view is lovely indeed but we will not be returning. We are going to try the Beaulieu beach today as I understand it has sand.

The restaurant is very expensive for our budget as we are a family of 4 which may or may not be an issue for u. I wAlked back into town and picked up two pizzas for 18 euros which is less than the price of one meal in the restaurant.

In my opinion the beach in villefranche sur mer is nicer than Paloma.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

I agree - if you want a free sandy beach - and still in beautiful surroundings, stay in Villefranche.

I see you (Funtraveller) are staying in Cannes which has excellent sandy beaches both public and private - so does neighbouring Juan les Pins. And fine sandy beaches at Antibes - all free in this case.

The geology east of Nice is increasingly rocky as the mountains tumble straight into the sea.

Ed

USA
Level Contributor
262 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

very helpful thank you!

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Plage Paloma and Plage Passable from Villefranche

Paloma beach is not cheap but you pay a premium for waterside eating;

with respect you cannot compare 2 pizzas to fresh fish in the location

for those travellers who might consider Paloma a portion of sea bass or sea bream is going to cost you about 36 Euros, drinks extra; as an aside a vodka tonic was 9.5E but a vodka alone was 10E! of course I asked the question-blamed on the computer