We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Montecarlo suitable for wheelchairs?

Hamilton,UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Is Montecarlo suitable for wheelchairs?

Our cruise ship docks in Ville franche for 5 hrs this July and we want to visit Montecarlo but my son uses a wheelchair (although he can get out and walk short distances) so the ships tours are unsuitable. I was given excellent advice in a previous question about getting there by train/bus which we plan to do however the cruise ships info says that montecarlo is not wheelchair accessable. We would like to visit the port to see all the lovely yachts etc and do a little souvenir shopping - is this possible with a wheelchair? As I understand Monacco is a no go for wheelchairs. Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Montecarlo suitable for wheelchairs?

There are far better places to visit than the concrete tower block hell of Monte Carlo, but either way it's not really wheelchair friendly as there are lots and lots of steps and slopes - I would recommend nice and Villefranche for that time over Monte Carlo which IMHO is over rated

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Montecarlo suitable for wheelchairs?

I'd avoid Monaco as well.

The yachts at Antibes are FAR more spectacular than what is moored in Monaco harbour.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Montecarlo suitable for wheelchairs?

The bad new is, it would be a dangerous, possibly treacherous, place to visit in a wheelchair. The good news is that you won't miss anything except grossly overpriced piles of concrete.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Montecarlo suitable for wheelchairs?

You got great answers to this question already back in January.

tripadvisor.ca/…55531289

5. Re: Is Montecarlo suitable for wheelchairs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer
More Villefranche-sur-Mer Topics