We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer to VSM

Northern Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Airport Transfer to VSM

Dear all,

Would anyone recommend a private taxi transfer company that would take our family of four from airport to VSM. With two young children who will have had a very early start from Ireland, I would like to make end of the journey as stress free as possible.

The other option would be car hire ?

Many Thanks

Elaine

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

The Nice airport is not big or stressful. We never had a problem finding taxis right outside.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 16:31
Northern Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

Thanks for reply but I thought it might be a bit cheaper if pre booked

Elaine

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

Get a taxi right outside - there are plenty, fare should be 50 to 55 euros - car hire probably a bad idea depending on whether you have private parking in Villefranche

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

Agreed. Take the taxi this one time and then use train and bus for the balance of the trip. Most recommend not renting a car.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

I don't think pre-booking a taxi - if that is the question - is cheaper.

Cotswolds, UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

I've just had a quick look at resorthoppa.com using a July date, their quote was about £44, so 50 Euros for a taxi would work out roughly the same without the hassle of pre-booking. Good luck, and enjoy your holiday, we are looking forward to being ther this August.

uk
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

Hi we pre booked the night before a transfer from airport to VSM using Guidoon SAS for 6 people it was 59 euro & well worth it! I usually get the bus but thus time we needed ease x

Melbourne...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

I will be landing at Nice Airport on Saturday next week. 30th August 2014 around 2.15pm. I would rather not spend 50 euros on a taxi to get me to my hotel - Hotel Provencal, in VSM. Could you please provide me with advice on how to transfer from the airport ( I will have one suitcase and a carry on bag) to VSM . I was thinking train, but perhaps the bus is best. Thanks

Edited: 23 August 2014, 10:59
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,102 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

Unfortunately there is no direct bus from the airport to VSM. So that means you have to change in Nice to another bus which is awkward.

Personally I would do the 20 min walk to Nice St Augustin where you will get a train on Saturdays at 13.46, 14.46,15.12,15.46 etc You will be in VSM in 15 minutes, no changing, no heaving luggage onto a crowded bus..

Buy your ticket at the ticket office on the way out of Trml 1 or 2 . the ticket office at St Augustin may be closed for lunch (!) . the blue automatic ticket machine at the station will take coins and cards but not notes.

Ed

Melbourne...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfer to VSM

Merci bc Ed

Great help.. do you think the train station in VSM is near Hotel Provencal? Ive heard horror stories about lugging baggage uphill for miles

Get answers to your questions about Villefranche-sur-Mer
More Villefranche-sur-Mer Topics