We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villefranche-sur-Mer

Which Villefranche-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oviedo, Fl.
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Villefranche-sur-Mer

I am sure this has been asked many times........but I need specific directions on how to see Eze, Monaco, and Monte Carlo from Villefranche-sur-Mer. We will be there during a cruise and I need advice on which bus and/or train to take------ which area to go to first for the best utilization of time, etc.

We will arrive on a Tuesday. I appreciate any advice.

A.S.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villefranche-sur-Mer

Monte Carlo is a neighborhood in the tiny principality of Monaco.

Allow 2 hours for Eze and 3 or 4 for Monaco.

For what it's worth....Villefranche is one of the most beautiful villages in France but most cruise passengers spend virtually no time there and go to the concrete jungle of Monaco instead.

This might help you.

Disregard the timetables....they are out of date.

tomsportguides.com/Villefranche-sur-Mer-06-2…

Edited: 11 July 2014, 09:08
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villefranche-sur-Mer

Almost everyone would say that Nice is a great deal more interesting than Monaco, which is very similar to the centre of almost any city in the US but rather less attractive. However, each to his/her own as the saying goes. One way to do the trip is to turn right out of the landing dock in Villefranche, walk about 600 yds to the station and get the train two stops to Eze Sur Mer. Outside Eze station you can get bus 83, roughly one an hour, to Eze Village. After an hour or so in Eze, get bus 112 to Monaco. From Monaco the train, which is easy to find, will take you back to Villefranche.

Trains are not wholly reliable and in late afternoon buses from Monaco are packed to the doors, so leave plenty of time for your return journey. Villefranche station can be chaotic when cruise liners are in the bay but it is essential to buy a ticket and validate it in one of the machines on the platform. Bus timetables can be seen at lignesdazur.com. For each trip hand 1.50 euro to the driver.

Oviedo, Fl.
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villefranche-sur-Mer

Thank you both so much---I appreciate the details----now, I will be able to plan a great side trip!

Ali

4. Re: Villefranche-sur-Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:16