We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

Hello,

We decided to stay in Best Western in VILLENEUVE LOUBET. Price and hotel seems right, its not far from Nice. We are arriving at 8:20pm in Nice and I`m wondering what to expect for the price on the taxi going to be like ?

Also about the train that goes between towns, is that close to the that train ?

Best Western Syracuse‎

215 Boulevard Éric Tabarly

06 270 VILLENEUVE LOUBET, France

04 93 20 45 09

Thanks in advance. I dont see much posts here so I`m hoping some one will answer :)

8 replies to this topic
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

First of all don't print out the map from the hotel website- they have placed the hotel in the wrong location/street /wrong side of the villeneuve loubet marina

go by the address

its about 10km from the airport depending on route- so I would guess 40-45 euros for taxi- extras for bags, 4th person etc

The train station isn;t that far once you know your way around - probably about 15 -20 mins walk from V-l station but you would need to get to Nice st augustin station- take inter terminal shuttle past terminal 1 to Arenas/lycee hotelier then under 10mins walk to station. You will need coins or chip and pin cards for the blue ticket machines or buy train tickets from ticket office at terminal 1 at the airport

Equally the bus stop isn't that far but is probably more awkward to work out where you want to go when you first arrive.from the bus

The last express bus number 250 leaves at 8.20pm so probanly too late for you - stop on the express bus from teh airport is called is les baumettes

cg06.fr/cms/…250.pdf

slow bus 200 leaves from termianl 1 at 20.55 and 22.00 weekdays and sat

sundays and public hols [except 1st may] at 20.45 and 21.55 - costs 1 euro

timetable here

cg06.fr/cms/…200.pdf

Taking the bus the closest stop is probably Loubet marina but there is so much rebuilding work going on the train line that there have been underpasses closed so i think it would be easier and only a few mins extra to get off at Les touristes/gare sncf and cross under the tracks at the station underpass, then walk up towards the marina and follow ave de la batterie round to your hotel

Google streetview is not very good on thsi area because it is vastly out of date and masses of thjinsg have changed -so it won't help for landmarks apart from the marina baie des anges itself- looks like a ruined coliseum - or represents white sails or waves depending on imagination

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

Wow lots of info and I'm surprised that taxi is that much, but I don't think at that time, I will take bus or train.

So the train is close to hotel, just for traveling to other towns.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

Taxis are phenomenally expensive here- and the rates are set by local government not by the taxi drivers themselves

there are very few taxi licenses in teh area and fewer still allowed to use the airport and they change hands for massive sums - 400,000 euros etc

i would take a taxi for the first night, unless you go via the station [bus or train] -its the only place that there is definitely a pedestrian underpass given the current work on the train line.

the train is the best bet for places along the coast - Nice, Monaco, vilelfranche Cannes etc Antibes you can use train or bus

cap ferrat- train to Beaulieu then walk

other places inland - st paul de vence, Villeneuve loubet village , Vence , Haut de cagnes involves connecting in cagnes sur mer -

There are also lots of train and bus connections to interesting places from Nice

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

The 8:20 arivial is what makes me think, I need a taxi first night, I know its going to be a big waste of money, but given the time I think it might be best.

So to travel between the towns, the train station is not really far frok my hotel? Looking on google maps, it looks far.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

It is 1.3km - 15 - 20 mins depending on how slow you walk

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

Whats the name of the closest station ? I`m a bit confused from the google maps.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. I really do appreciate it !

I feel so bad throwing away money on taxi.... but I think this is the only option at that time, it might end up costing more, and waste lots of time.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

The closest station is Villeneuve loubet plage - on

the other side of the marine baie des anges from your hotel

google maps should be ignored as they suggests the tiny cros de cagnes station for some bizarre reason -its not even the next closest

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions

Thanks !

Reply to: Taxi price from Nice Airport and other questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Villeneuve-Loubet
More Villeneuve-Loubet Topics