We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

I was wondering what time of the day is the best time to photograph the lavender at the Abbaye. Has the lavender flowered as yet. We are in the area and the lavender has started to come out everywhere else we have been.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

We were there on Friday 21st June and it was only just starting to show any colour. I reckon it is another 10 days until it will be in full bloom. No pictures worth taking last Friday.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

Would the best photography be in the morning or late afternoon?

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

I'd like to get there the last week of july of the first of august?

Is the lavender still in bloom?

Is there a way to know it exactly?

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

Hi varrick, I was there right at the beginning of the month and the lavender wasn't yet in full flower, but about to be. I fear now would already be too late. You could email them to find out - visites@senanque.fr.

St. Saturnin d'Apt...
Level Contributor
152 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

As of yesterday, the lavander was in full bloom and given how much of a tourist attraction it is, I'm betting they won't harvest until at least the first week in August if not later.

As an aside, the true lavander fields (and biggest in Provence) up on the plateau de Albion, are absolutely magnificent this year and the harvest hasn't begun at all. Should be great viewing right through the first week in August.

- Kevin

Provence
Level Contributor
812 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

Watch out, fields nearby in bonnieux were harvested last week....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

>>given how much of a tourist attraction it is, I'm betting they won't harvest until at least the first week in August if not later.<<

I suspect that the lavender farmers are not interested in it being a tourist attraction. They will harvest when the crop is at the stage when it will give the best return.

8. Re: Abbaye Notre-dame de Senanque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2016, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Gordes