We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gift shop with Provencal seasonings

Which Gordes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Lavaca, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Gift shop with Provencal seasonings

Last year I bought some Provencal seasonings that were in a tin that was shaped like a building from a gift shop in Gordes. I would like to buy some more, but can't find the seasonings in those tins, any help is appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gift shop with Provencal seasonings

I wonder if you're talking about the herb mixes by Provence d'Antan. These are sold in unusually shaped tins. I've bought them in a shop in Roussillon before and have seen them elsewhere in the Luberon.

I found this for their distributor in the UK: georgeluther.co.uk/provence-dantan/… Is this what you are looking for?

Kathy

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gift shop with Provencal seasonings

Look on Amazon.com. Williams Sonoma carries Herbes de Provence, which is likely what you bought, but may not be in same tins.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gift shop with Provencal seasonings

If it is Herbes de Provence....it's easy to blend your own. We do it all the time....makes a nice gift.

Just google it and refill your container.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gift shop with Provencal seasonings

I'm a cook and this one caught my eye. I found a website for Aromatic Provence, and they sell the Provence d'Antan brand that Tnwalker mentioned. Provence d'Antan has a tin that kind of looks like a house, ie: "building." It seems to be refillable and can contain different blends:

aromatic-provence.com/produits/…

Perhaps you could read through the blends and something will click. I couldn't find where this brand is available in the US, but besides, Williams Sonoma, check Penzy's:

http://www.penzeys.com/

This is my favorite spice store and if there isn't a store near you, Penzy's offers online sales. They have wonderful blends, and once you have decided the flavors, Penzy's might have something close or perhaps, the same blend under another name. For instance, their "Beau Monde" is "English Prime Rib Rub," only better!

Reply to: Gift shop with Provencal seasonings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gordes