We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

Hi,

We are planing to go to Gordes,Fr by car from Aix-en-Provence tomorrow. Has anyone done this before and if so do you have any issue finding the road using GPS or Cell phone maps. I heard that you dont get good signal up there.

Ved

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

We drove from Aix to Bonnieux to Gordes. I don't remember a problem with gps. Also the road is pretty easy and signs are clear.

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

While we have not driven from Aix to Gordes, I have checked the route out on the map, and it will not be a really long or difficult drive.

I urge you to get a copy of the Michelin Map #340 in the Local series (Bouches-du-Rhone, Var ), and use it to take the most scenic routes (highlighted in green) to really enhance your trip.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,162 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

I wouldn´t rely on a mobile phone´s being able to download the maps required for reliable navigation. Nor would I drive around France without a map.

Problems with Gordes will not be finding it, signs are plentiful; it will be trying to find a place to park.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,977 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

GPS works off satellites and can be received equally well anywhere in the world.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

Thanks for all the input...we went to gordes and L’Isle sur la Sorgue today. No issues with GPS or Cell phone...no problem finding the place or parking.

Ved

6. Re: Aix to Gordes by car...any gps issue ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2015, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Gordes