We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is preferable for a spring visit--April or May?

Roseville...
Level Contributor
177 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Which is preferable for a spring visit--April or May?

We're thinking of a week or 10 days in the Luberon April or May 2013. In terms of weather, which might be better? We realize that it depends on what we want to visit. In our case, markets-e.g. L'Isle -sur-la-Sorgue; villages--e.g. Bonnieux, Roussilon, Lourmarin; the Pont du Gard; the Chateauneuf du Pape wineries; etc. Any suggestions on how we might structure the visit to get the best weather much appreciated.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is preferable for a spring visit--April or May?

If I had a choice, I'd take May. April can still be chilly and a bit rainy (though you never can tell). May just gets you that much closer towards warmer weather.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,032 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is preferable for a spring visit--April or May?

The average temperature in the Luberon in April is 19...in May 21. So...I'd suggest May!

3. Re: Which is preferable for a spring visit--April or May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:19