We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Streets of Bonnieux

New York
Level Contributor
573 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Streets of Bonnieux

I am thinking of staying at La Terraces just outside of Bonnieux for one week (after a week in St Remy). The reviews of LT say it is only a 10 minute walk to the center of town and many restaurants.

What I can't determine is how hilly that walk would be. I tried google earth street view but couldn't find the village. Is it gently sloping streets or a perched village (like the hill towns in Tuscany or Sicily) with steep hills? We are prepared for hills while touring but want to avoid a hilly walk each night for dinner or having to drive to a restaurant and not be able to drink wine with dinner.

Can anyone provide some info? Thanks, Eva

1. Re: Streets of Bonnieux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 December 2015, 11:30
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,550 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Streets of Bonnieux

Bonnieux is a "perched" village and some of it's streets are quite steep. If you are going to be in the village for most of your 7 nights and if you have mobility issues (or you just don't like hills) it could be a challenge.

New York
Level Contributor
573 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Streets of Bonnieux

Finally figured out how to use street view after I followed Diz's link ( thanks for that) and see that many of the roads are pretty steep. While we don't have mobility issues I need to decide if I want to be based in a perched village. We don't plan on going out to dinner every night so more soul searching (and Internet searching) is warranted.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,550 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Streets of Bonnieux

If you are looking for a "perched" village that is more managable in terms of walking, have a look at Goult. About 5 miles from Bonnieux and much more walkable. Beautiful place......

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g425103-Goult_Gordes…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Streets of Bonnieux

Bonnieux is wonderful. My husband and I picked it precisely to avoid drinking and driving after dinner.

For a small town it has an abundance of great restaurants so you can tour during the day but stay there at night.

We stayed "in town" in Clos du Bois. Front door is in town but backyard and pool is on the country hills! So best of both worlds. Great hotel great owner.

Best upscale restaurants are l'Arome and le Fournil. Then there are enough casual good restaurants that you can easily stay a while without leaving for dinner.

Bonnieux is steep.

6. Re: Streets of Bonnieux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:17